a suggestion

Old July 17th, 2004, 06:32 PM
Bob La Londe

Default a suggestion

I think a more general common "concepts about trolls and usenet" FAQ would
serve the purpose without glorifying any particular troll.

--
** FREE Fishing Lures
** Weekly drawing

"Spoonplugger" wrote in message
I know someone once brought this up and i think it should be given another
chance and that is AL in the FAQ
Jbuck left angry and a wee bit bitter in his final shot he said this is a
personal message board for a few people in here. this is not true, but how
many others have left thinking the same thing and just not saying

anything?
it is obvious that he (AL) will be here for a long long time
so to enlighten and explain him to newcomers would be a huge benifit to

the
group.
when i first posted here i was given some advice about him and that was to
watch his posts which i did and yes i saw how he disrupts the group and
yelling killfile him
very obviously does not work
so i suggest adopt him into the FAQ so others dont have to go through what
Jbuck did
just my 2 cents
Wayne

Old July 17th, 2004, 07:30 PM
Steve & Chris Clark

Trying to ignore him is noble but with the bleeding hearts and newbies that
come and go, this P.O.S. will never leave. No one has ever flamed me on this
group( though some may have wanted to) and I think I have been the hardest
of all on this "few sandwiches shy of a picnic" nuisance. Ridicule is the
best policy, sooner or later he will get the message. Brighten up or bugger
off. Who really cares if his feelings are hurt? Would you give a position
to a person in your company that claims he is an expert but talks and writes
like a three year old, I think not! If he fishes five to seven days a week,
how can he be so stupid???????????? How can you find a pattern with one
lure???????? Pattern my a$$ ! COME ON!!!!!!!!!
To quote Craig B. and I think he summed it up best when he told him to "f*ck
off and die" after attempted his save the troll campaign. I believe Al's
bulge pump is always running and for now it can keep up with the amount of
water he is taking on! Let's punch a hole in his boat the size of Lake "O"
and sink him once and for all. Please!
Perhaps a weekly "troll Al-ert" could work? let's just keep it current.
Thusly.....

The ROFB embedded troll goes by the screen name of "Lure builder" (for now.
Updates will follow) please do not respond to the posts made by this screen
name as responses are often the cause of fractured and nonsense interaction
of the serious posters of the ROFB. It/he/she/they is not here to harmonise
with the accepted protocol nor topic of this group. If we could politely ask
that any responses should be courteously carried out in personal e-mail type
matter.
--
Stony

[...]

---

Old July 17th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard

Well get off your duff and do some research. It's public information,
do a search. Then you can see how many groups have been blessed with
his trolling. Plonk!

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 08:38:09 -0500, "Chris S"
sent into the ether:

I would like to see these links..... as for what "he" is really
about, I havent seen them but Heck people can change but it seems that some
cant

Chris S.

"Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now"
wrote in message
.. .
You haven't been around long enough to know all of "Al's"
personalities(sp). He is a tolerated, by some, troublemaker, with
multiple personalities or multiple people playing the personna of
"Al".

I was here when "he" first appeared. "He" is not worth worrying about
how he is treated.

I agree with Plugger. Put "him" in the FAQ along with links to some
of "his" posts that show who "he" really is and what "he" is really
about.

JMHO

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 07:58:20 -0500, "Chris S"
sent into the ether:

Spoonplugger. Ive been around a couple of years here and there and I have
yet to see how Al has disrupted this newsgroup other then a bunch of

grown
men slamming him after one of his post. Ok some of his post may be lam or
what some might not think worthy of this group but then oh well this

group
for everyone. I have yet seen 1 post from AL that attacked anyone or slam
them unless he was slammed first. Man I bet Al is sure getting a good

laugh
out of all of this, he differently know how to push some peolpes buttons.
hehehe

Chris S
.
[...]

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
Old July 17th, 2004, 09:25 PM
Spoonplugger

I have been in JBUCK's position about two or three years ago i was defending
him simply because i did not understand why everyone was so hard on the guy
do we need to give him recognition for this in the FAQ
hell yes he may enjoy the attention but would it not be more benificial to
the group as a whole when someone
Like JBuck comes along and trys to defend him
then all that would need to be said to the person is
check out the FAQ end of discussion no week long threads about what a
complete idiot he is because it is all there in FAQ.
Wayne

news

Old July 17th, 2004, 09:44 PM
Steve & Chris Clark

With an " Al's hall of shame" all time best of the worst posts, I think the
two could work together as a shame and guilt tactic to rid this plight from
bandwidth being posted on this newsgroup in the archives for all to see. The
two tactics in conjunction would work best, rather than only one. I
particularly love the one a few years ago that Al thought fishing in the
weeds was a bad idea for catching bass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He kills me
dead!!!!!
--
Stony

Old July 18th, 2004, 06:22 AM
Marty

"Spoonplugger" wrote in message

when i first posted here i was given some advice about him and that was to
watch his posts which i did and yes i saw how he disrupts the group and
yelling killfile him
very obviously does not work

I don't think he (she) (they) disrupts the group, it's all the responses.
His posts are generally innocuous, and frequently funny. I'm no
psychologist, but I think many here consciously or subconsciously enjoy his
presence. Why else would he get talked about so much? Here I am, looking at
a thread of 13 gratuitous posts about him. Why did you start the thread? Why
is he in your consciousness?

Hell, if you don't like him, don't respond, and there's no disruption.
Actually, for me, it's entertainment. But if you don't respond, it's just
one post that nobody has to read, just like the invitations we get to see
someone's sister get it on with a snake, or whatever they're offering these
days.

The answer is simple: take Nancy Reagan's advice and JUST SAY NO. Nobody is
twisting anyone's arm to click on any given post. A disruption exists only
if someone wants it to.

Old July 18th, 2004, 08:48 AM
Spoonplugger

exactly marty but people do reply to him and it often causes long diatribes
etc
and those like Jbuck get caught up in it thinking the group
is being self centered or just plain mean
putting him in the FAQ would do just what you said it make alot of people
just say no
Wayne

Old July 18th, 2004, 04:16 PM
IBNFSHN

Well put Marty. Just like all kids, they want attention and he's getting it.

--
Bill
Chesapeake, Va

Old July 18th, 2004, 11:14 PM
Fritz Nordengren

Spoonplugger wrote:
in his final shot he said this is a
personal message board for a few people in here. this is not true, but how
many others have left thinking the same thing and just not saying anything?

Well countless others have left -- or never bothered to post and yes,
this is a personal message board for a handfull of people. Like all of
USENET -- and also most web based fishing boards, it becomes a tight
community pretty quick.

If you look at Jan - March of this year, 428 people posted 4605
messages. 174 of those posted once only. A very very small group of
people considering the tens of millions with USENET access.

It's a small club, no dues, a few PIA's, lots of egos, and every so
often, some advice that will change the way you fish forever.

I guess folks can decide for themselves if the above is a good thing or
not. I still don't know. g

http://netscan.research.microsoft.co...=3%2F31%2F2004