Fishing & Hunting - Commentary

Old August 7th, 2004, 04:40 PM
Rodney

Default Fishing & Hunting - Commentary

Craig wrote:
I love fishing and hunting. There is nothing better than being out in
nature, enjoying her beauty and partaking in one of my favorite activities.
But. . . .

I believe a fisherman takes only what is legal or whatever he and his family
will eat, whichever is the lesser of the two. I believe this also holds
true to hunters., and up to this point, I don't think anyone would disagree
with me.

I just watched a program on hunting and became angry, as I do sometimes when
I watch deep sea fishing programs. I hate to see hunters use dogs, when the
dogs job is to run down the animal.

Your reasons are personal, and you should be able to feel this way, and
have your own ethics you abide by, but this is a semi free country, your
beliefs and personal ethics should not be forced on others,, your not
forcing them here, your just stating what you feel is right,

but

These people are not breaking the laws, they believe differently than
you, and you should not condemn them for them following their own
ethics, and beliefs

I DON'T have a problem at all with a
using a single dog, such as a retriever, to point out, flush and retrieve
birds. But I do have a problem when a pack of dogs are used to run down,
surround, and trap an animal so that the so called hunter can walk up and
shoot it.

This is the normal way animals are hunted in nature by wolves, african
wild dogs, lions, and other pack predators.

Then listen to the guy tell me what a great hunt it was, when
their dogs did all the hunting.

These hunters take pleasure in the skill and abilities of their dogs,
many spend mouths and years training these dogs

They are no more a hunter than a guy who
uses dynamite, to catch fish, is a fisherman.

These hunters are never guarantied a successful hunt, many times the
animals escape

If this individual was using one of these methods as the sole means to feed
his family, I wouldn't have a problem it.

Hunting and fishing are now more sport than for survival, of course that
is why people like PETA want to stop it, they have a problem with you
hooking a poor fish,, do you want their ethics, and beliefs forced on
you, rarely are things banned all at once just one small step at a time,
what you want stopped would be one of those steps

That includes using dynamite to
catch fish. A man must do whatever is necessary to feed, cloth, shelter,
and protect their family. But to call it fishing or hunting is a joke.
With all our modern camo, scents, callers, gps, etc., do we really need to
use dog packs to run down our prey.

Yes

Yeah, I'm a moderate democrat - so I also believe a man only needs a
shotgun, a long rifle, a bow, a good knife, and maybe a semi-auto handgun to
hunt with and for protection. The weapons I have are for hunting, not for
taking on an invading army. We have the police and military for that.

Your right to keep and bear arms have absolutely nothing to do with
hunting, they are for us as a people to keep our own government from
becoming tyrannical, The Germans thought as you do in 1933, Hitler's
first law was to make all non sporting arms illegal, the police and the
army would protect the people

Every capable honest citizen should own a full automatic military weapon

But, hey, I think it would be cool to use tranquilizer tarts to hunt with so
that you could shoot that big deer, get your photo taken with it and then
let it go. Catch & release hunting, because for me, it is the hunt that is
the fun.

The technology is available for you to do just that,, why are you not
doing it ?

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread

Old August 7th, 2004, 04:47 PM
alwaysfishking

I could never get my fishing dogs to give the fish back. Once they got one
it was usually torn to shreds, made for lousy pictures, never mind the
overcrowding on the boat when I took the pack out ;-)
"TerryNC" wrote in message
That's the exact reason I don't have Fishing dogs ;-)

"Craig" wrote in message
I love fishing and hunting. There is nothing better than being out in
nature, enjoying her beauty and partaking in one of my favorite

activities.
But. . . .

I believe a fisherman takes only what is legal or whatever he and his

family
will eat, whichever is the lesser of the two. I believe this also holds
true to hunters., and up to this point, I don't think anyone would

disagree
with me.

I just watched a program on hunting and became angry, as I do sometimes

when
I watch deep sea fishing programs. I hate to see hunters use dogs, when

the
dogs job is to run down the animal. I DON'T have a problem at all with

using a single dog, such as a retriever, to point out, flush and

retrieve
birds. But I do have a problem when a pack of dogs are used to run

down,
surround, and trap an animal so that the so called hunter can walk up

and
shoot it. Then listen to the guy tell me what a great hunt it was, when
their dogs did all the hunting. They are no more a hunter than a guy

who
uses dynamite, to catch fish, is a fisherman.

If this individual was using one of these methods as the sole means to

feed
his family, I wouldn't have a problem it. That includes using dynamite

[...]

Craig Baugher
Be Confident, Focused, but most of all Have FUN!

Old August 7th, 2004, 05:20 PM
go-bassn

"Rodney" wrote in message

Every capable honest citizen should own a full automatic military weapon

oh, God. Just what I was afraid of Craig...

Warren

Old August 7th, 2004, 05:20 PM
go-bassn

Old August 7th, 2004, 05:20 PM
go-bassn

Old August 7th, 2004, 05:40 PM
Rodney

go-bassn wrote:

"Rodney" wrote in message

Every capable honest citizen should own a full automatic military weapon

oh, God. Just what I was afraid of Craig...

Warren

WArren there are 3.5 million machine guns legally owned by private
citizens in the U.S. (more than the number that the US military has), I
bet you didn't know that,, and so far, since 1932, only one machine gun
that was legally owned by citizens has ever been used to kill anyone,
(even by accident) by that citizen, and that was an off duty policeman
who killed his wife with one back in the 50's

So high powered bass boats kill many more people than machine guns, yet
there are more machine guns owned, than high powered bass boats

Of course the left wing media, and the left wingers want no one to know
that, they "Believe" that people could not be trusted with that kind of
weapons

You see Warren, I deal in facts,, not beliefs, or feelings

So your fears are totally unfounded, you listen and believe people who
don't have a clue about the facts, or the don't care about them, or they
just twist them to fit their beliefs