Catch & Release

Old August 14th, 2004, 12:00 AM

Default Catch & Release

Hey Craig, why don't you keep your stupid political views off this
newsgroup. I for one respect our Commander in Cheif & his degree from
Yale.

Old August 14th, 2004, 04:07 AM
RGarri7470

You sure spent a lot of words convincing me I am right to support President
Bush and vote for him.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old August 14th, 2004, 05:26 PM
Lure builder

Spoil is the correct term and not the fancy rhetoric of TNBass. I only say that
since he said NOPE spoil is not the correct term. I saw a show on TV where
there was a checkpoint for fish and game. The CO laid charges for what he
called letting game go to spoil. The meat was smelly and the carcus wasn't
gutted. The CO said you have a responsibility once you harvest game not to let
it go to spoil. He made some seisures, laid charges and rightly so. Spoil is
the term not fancy rhetoric that nobody knows the true meaning
I'm respectful of fish whether it be bass or coarse fish..

Old August 14th, 2004, 08:45 PM
Fritz Nordengren

The fish was a "croppie" as Roland Martin pronounced it (In some parts
of the county you might say "crappie"

Roland Martin: "The President caught a nice crappie and Barnie...."

The President cuts in: "he licked it"

The President went on to say, "Barney likes to be part of the fishing
experinece.... course, then we put it in the bucket so we can eat it."

The entire show is NOT online, but it is covered in a clip on Jon
Stewart's Daily Show on www.comedycentral.com (look at the 'campaigning
in the sticks' clip -- you first see some of a Kerry Stump speech --
then the crappie discussion)

Guys a piece like this -- cheezy and silly -- is just part of the
campaign trail -- a little like pardoning the Thanksgiving Turkey or
kissing babies -- and to base your political preference on one of these
appearances is a little like debating politics in a fishing group.

Oh, wait, I guess I repeated myself.

lighten up guys -- we have a long way to go before the last two weeks
of the campaign when the real ghosts come out of the closet

Henry Hefner wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:

Did you happen to watch Dubya on the Roland Martin show ?

Seems our Chief Executive catches bass and then lets his
dog chew them to death instead of releasing them.

If you didn't catch it the first time, it will air again
on the Outdoor Life Network. Go here and follow the links
for air times, the episode is called "The Executive Pond."

http://www.fishingwithrolandmartin.com/

I watched it today, and you have misrepresented what happened. President
Bush did say that the first dink went to the dog to play with, and he
also stated later on that the dog doesn't bite them, but just licks
them. Yes, when he put the fish on the deck it appeared in the couple of
seconds that the camera was on him, that the dog was very enthusiastic
about getting to the fish, but it was never shown or said that the dog
chews them to death. I don't know how you got out of my killfile, but
your a-fixin' to go back.

Old August 14th, 2004, 10:23 PM
Henry Hefner

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
huge amount of off-topic garbage snipped I said you were about to
make the killfile, and I waited to see if you were man enough to admit
your lies about the president on TV. Instead you either wrote or
copy/pasted a sheet of propaganda on a fishing forum. A lot of people
have died so that you can write stuff like that in freedom, but you
would rather support those who won't fight terrorism, and would like to
hand the keys to the free nations over to the UN.

Plonk!