Catch & Release

Old August 10th, 2004, 03:52 AM
Rodney

Default Catch & Release

Craig wrote:
In Michigan, my pond or my lake means I own the hole, but once water enters
that hole, the state of Michigan has regulation over the water and the
wildlife that is in it or on it. I can maintain it (meaning I can stock it
how I please), but if the state HAS any knowledge of that pond, limit laws
can be enforced and it can never be drained without DEQ's permission - under
the laws that govern wetlands.

That means your state is CRAZY, and you will never have any decent size
fish in a small pond,, not for long anyway,, I would love to read that
law,, surely it's posted some where on the internet ?

Let me tell you that is not the case everywhere,, and it's sure not down
south, our state has a little bit of brains when it comes to fish and
game management

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread

Old August 10th, 2004, 04:48 AM
go-bassn

I don't think you're going to find anyone here that's going to advocate you
"throwing away" a bass regardless of the circumstances.

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/
http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com

"Rodney" . wrote in message
Craig wrote:

Problem was, it was a dink. An undersized bass. Is our President above

the
law?

The problem is

You don't understand fish & game laws

If I owned a pond,, I can catch and cook/throw away, 200 bass out of
that pond in a single day, and have broken no laws. I could even drain
that pond killing every fish in it, and have broken no laws.

Farm ponds and lakes are not under limit laws of the states

Limit laws are for the maintaining of species in "public" waters

WHat part of

" This lake is on my ranch"

"I Built this lake 4 years ago "

"I stocked this lake"

"the fish biologist that checks this lake twice a year tells us to
remove all undersize bass"

Did you not understand

Old August 10th, 2004, 04:52 AM
Craig

Rodney wrote: "That means your state is CRAZY, and you will never have any
decent size
fish in a small pond,, not for long anyway,, I would love to read that
law,, surely it's posted some where on the internet ? "

Reponses: Probably is, but don't look for me to go find it.

Rodney wrote: "Let me tell you that is not the case everywhere,, and it's
sure not down south, our state has a little bit of brains when it comes to
fish and game management"

Response: If George has anything to do with it, you're right, a little brain
is involved - very little. The man is an idiot, who has stiffed way Too
much coke!!!

--
Craig Baugher
Be Confident, Focused, but most of all Have FUN!

Old August 10th, 2004, 06:49 AM
Calif Bill

"Craig" wrote in message
Problem was, it was a dink. An undersized bass. Is our President above

the
law?

--
Craig Baugher
Be Confident, Focused, but most of all Have FUN!

Lots of places do not have size limits. In California, some lakes have a
slot limit, and others a minimum size and others have no size limit.
Bill

Old August 10th, 2004, 01:02 PM
Budd Cochran

"Craig" wrote in message

Response: If George has anything to do with it, you're right, a little

brain
is involved - very little. The man is an idiot, who has stiffed way Too
much coke!!!

--
Craig Baugher
Be Confident, Focused, but most of all Have FUN!

AHA!!!

The truth rears it's ugly head. You simply dislike Bush so therefore
everything he does is subject to your disapproval.

You have to remember the worst thing about U.S. politics is the politicians
.... all of them.

Budd

Old August 10th, 2004, 01:16 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Charles B. Summers" wrote in message
news
I believe the same thing applies to farmlands and hunting. So if I own 500
acres... can I legally harvest deer from there 365 days a year? Nope!

Actually Charles, you can! If you have that 500 acres totally surrounded by
fence, there were no deer there to begin with, and you paid for the deer
that are now in there, you can hunt deer 365 days a year.

High fence operations do that all the time. AND, you don't need to have a
hunter's safety certificate, a hunting licence and you can use any weapon
that your little ol' heart desires.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com