One last monster sturgeon!

Old March 9th, 2006, 07:22 PM posted to alt.fishing,rec.outdoors.fishing

Default One last monster sturgeon!

With the pending new slot of just 10" (46" to 56") in California, my
goal for the next week or two (before the new slot is law) was to catch
one more monster! And I did!

I caught a 72", 107 Lb. sturgeon on Suisun, near Garnet Point
yesterday. She fell for lamprey on an ougoing tide.

Frankly, she was almost too much fish for me, I'm too old for those
knock-down brawls with such huge fish. Maybe I'm in favor of a somewhat

reduced slot after all. Naaah!!

Photos and details on my homepage: www.FishWisher.com

Old March 24th, 2006, 01:19 AM posted to alt.fishing,rec.outdoors.fishing

CoachPotato" wrote in message
oups.com...
With the pending new slot of just 10" (46" to 56") in California, my
goal for the next week or two (before the new slot is law) was to catch
one more monster! And I did!

I caught a 72", 107 Lb. sturgeon on Suisun, near Garnet Point
yesterday. She fell for lamprey on an ougoing tide.

Frankly, she was almost too much fish for me, I'm too old for those
knock-down brawls with such huge fish. Maybe I'm in favor of a somewhat

reduced slot after all. Naaah!!

Photos and details on my homepage: www.FishWisher.com

Blah.. No sturgeon Fishing here in Maine
It's tough to not put down bait when you are seeing 4 - 5 foot fish jump out
of the water while you are striper or blue fishing.

They come up in the channels to spawn or something and leap completely out
of the water.
--
www.fly-fishing-flies.com