need a little help

Old March 22nd, 2006, 09:51 PM posted to alt.fishing

Default need a little help

At the risk of this looking like a plug for promotions... I have left out my
weblink and signature title.

I do know fishing pretty well... but I'm terrible at sales. I sell bulk
fishing flies online and own a small tackleshop out of my garage.

The problem is... I need some help about how to work promotions for both.
How to get the word out and get my sales moving. I really want these
endeavors to be able to support me.

Has anyone undertaken these types of businesses before or can offer some
thoughts on how best I could advertise my products / services to the folks
who could use them?

I can offer more details if anyone needs more to help.

-Sprattoo

Old March 23rd, 2006, 07:32 AM posted to alt.fishing

"Sprattoo" wrote in message
At the risk of this looking like a plug for promotions... I have left out
my weblink and signature title.

I do know fishing pretty well... but I'm terrible at sales. I sell bulk
fishing flies online and own a small tackleshop out of my garage.

The problem is... I need some help about how to work promotions for both.
How to get the word out and get my sales moving. I really want these
endeavors to be able to support me.

Has anyone undertaken these types of businesses before or can offer some
thoughts on how best I could advertise my products / services to the folks
who could use them?

I can offer more details if anyone needs more to help.

-Sprattoo

Well, hopefully you have found EBay.

Make up a few packages and sell selections as gift packs and assortments.
Bass poppers, trout selection dry/nymphs/ streamers, etc.

You can also make up wholesale cards for display at tackle shops and bait
stores. I buy jigs by the card, for example. Getting the fishermen to buy
is the hard part.

With flies, you are chasing the market, and the market is fickle and
stubborn.. You may be tying old established patterns and they are catching
fish on mylar and nylon day-glo.

Doing mail order, perhaps you could research local favorite and put
together regional assortments.

I could use a few 1/8 oz red/white shad darts with white bucktail, (my
posting addy works)

Pepperoni

Old March 30th, 2006, 02:43 AM posted to alt.fishing

"Pepperoni" wrote in message

"Sprattoo" wrote in message
[...]

I did find ebay...
I put a good deal of time into an add for a product (a dozen flies in a
container) I would get $10.00 -$12.00 for in my shop. It sold for a whopping
$2.50!

Ebay kind of stinks these days. So many dirt priced products, with shipping
at $20.00. It's not even like human beings out there anymore.

I like the idea of fly combo cards.... that sounds good.

I need to find a solid way to get fishermen into the shop...

www.fly-fishing-flies.com
Flies from $5.60 per DOZEN and more!

Old March 30th, 2006, 08:12 AM posted to alt.fishing

SUGGEST YOU GET A WEBSITE AND POST THE ADDRESS ON EVERY RELATED NEWSGROUP

TITE LINES

OH BY THE WAY IM NOT SHOUTING MY CAPS LOCK KEY IS STUCK MY APOLOGIES