Rickard -- We can rebuild him... better... stonger... faster....

Old October 15th, 2003, 03:58 AM
TNBass

Default Rickard -- We can rebuild him... better... stonger... faster....

Many of you who have come to know Bob Rickard marvel at how he's able to
maintain a positive attitude despite all the trials he's experienced.

You wouldn't know it, but he's been fighting a daily battle with heart
disease the past three weeks and has been steadily losing ground. Today he
decided to go for broke -- to either walk away a winner or cash in his
chips. I don't have many details, but I'm happy to report that he was dealt
a winning hand. Doctors who performed heart surgery on him where able to
identify some major problems and insert stints in his arteries, and he's
already feeling better. Phyllis called to let me know that he's in recovery
and as the realization sinks in that he will be around a while longer to
enjoy our company, he is ecstatic. In fact, he's feeling so optimistic about
recovery that he is setting the Okeechobee ROFB Southern Classic in April as
his goal.

He's won't be able to get around much in the next week or two, but he should
be able to sit at his computer and browse the newsgroup and email. If you
think of it, drop him a note..

Thanks.
--
TNBass
---

Old October 15th, 2003, 04:48 AM
Chuck Coger

Glad to hear he is doing well. He is in my families prayers.

---
Chuck Coger
http://www.fishin-pro.com

Old October 15th, 2003, 05:17 AM
go-bassn

That Bob - always joking around! What a card.

Cut it out Bob, will ya?

This time get better soon & STAY better, my family will be praying for your
speedy recovery.

Warren
--
http://www.fishingworld.com/MesaTackleSupply/
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com http://www.secretweaponlures.com

Old October 15th, 2003, 05:36 AM
alwaysfishking

Hope you are feeling better Bob, hey if you make it to Okee, I'll sit the
first day out and we can bank fish for crappies : ) God Bless.

Randy-

Old October 15th, 2003, 06:18 AM
Doc \(The Tin Boat King\)

I'll loan you my puddle jumper to fish the rim canals in. Bill P.

Old October 15th, 2003, 10:02 AM
Huck Palmatier

Default Wonderful news. Get well soon,eh.

said Huck

Old October 15th, 2003, 11:58 AM
Carlos

WooHoo Bob! A positive outlook helps. Get well soon.

Carlos

Old October 15th, 2003, 12:23 PM
Moe Conway

Great news Joe. Bob, get well - looking forward to seeing you in Okeechobee.

--
The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no
trade-in value.

Old October 15th, 2003, 02:21 PM
Josh

Sheeeesh what that Rickard won't do for a few emails. ! ! ! grin

Great news bobby.. get well and see ya soon.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Old October 15th, 2003, 04:03 PM
Dark Knight

Congrats Bob. Now just take your time before signing up for the Olympics.

Actually, as I read this, I can't help but think of Hemmingway, who wrote
that "For every day a man spends fishing, he adds one to his life." Seems
that might truer than we thought...

James