Pavlov's photo

Old May 10th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Tim J.

Default Pavlov's photo

No, not Greg.

Warning: If you like pond/lake fishing, this photo could cause drooling. Dave
Mohnsen has been kind enough to periodically send me photos he has taken in his
travels around the Denver, CO. area. I have frames in my office that are
dedicated to his prints. This is one of a sunrise he sent yesterday, and is
representative of the beauty he finds through his camera lens. I was so taken by
this one that I asked if I could share on his behalf.

http://css.sbcma.com/timj/pics/sunrise_colo.jpg

It may seem to Dave that this is a small thing he shares with me, but I don't
consider it so. My work can get pretty hectic at times, and the photos add a
nice calming effect to my day. Thanks, Dave.
--
TL,
Tim

Old May 10th, 2004, 03:36 PM
riverman

"Tim J." wrote in message

http://css.sbcma.com/timj/pics/sunrise_colo.jpg

It may seem to Dave that this is a small thing he shares with me, but I

don't
consider it so. My work can get pretty hectic at times, and the photos add

nice calming effect to my day. Thanks, Dave.
--

There's nothing calming about that photo to me, Tim! First of all, just
looking at it makes me think I ought to be still snug in bed at that ungodly

--riverman

Old May 10th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Mark Tinsky

In article , "Tim J."
wrote:

Hmm
Didn t see a rise anywhere. he needs to find better water ...

MT
Old May 10th, 2004, 05:19 PM
Tim J.

"riverman" wrote...
"Tim J." wrote....

http://css.sbcma.com/timj/pics/sunrise_colo.jpg

It may seem to Dave that this is a small thing he shares with me, but I

don't
consider it so. My work can get pretty hectic at times, and the photos add

nice calming effect to my day. Thanks, Dave.

There's nothing calming about that photo to me, Tim! First of all, just
looking at it makes me think I ought to be still snug in bed at that ungodly
hour.

We only see so many days in our lives, Myron, so you shouldn't miss any of them.
;-) Fishing early in the morning is a great time to catch fish before the
hoardes (read: lazy bastids) train them for the day.

Secondly, it makes me think my feet are wet, and gives me this weird
desire to back up a few steps before I drop my camera.

You can't walk on water? What kind of fisherman are you?

and lastly, that damn rise just right of center is exactly 12 feet
farther than I can cast, as always!!

You need a KPOS rod to make those longer, more accurate casts.
--
TL,
Tim

Old May 10th, 2004, 11:53 PM
Jonathan Cook

"Tim J." wrote in message ...

http://css.sbcma.com/timj/pics/sunrise_colo.jpg

Ahh, you eastern guys are so easily impressed....sunrises/sets
like that are a dime a dozen out west...

Jon.
Old May 11th, 2004, 03:49 AM
daytripper

On 10 May 2004 15:53:26 -0700, (Jonathan Cook) wrote:

"Tim J." wrote in message ...

http://css.sbcma.com/timj/pics/sunrise_colo.jpg

Ahh, you eastern guys are so easily impressed....sunrises/sets
like that are a dime a dozen out west...

We are - and if you western effwits weren't filling our skies with coal ash
we'd probably *never* get to see a nice red sky like that. Thanks?

/daytripper (Oh - and you owe me for a ****load of lime for my lawns! ;-)