Any G3 HP 170 owners out there?

Old January 8th, 2007, 01:15 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
SHRED

Default Any G3 HP 170 owners out there?

Sorry to talk so dang much about getting a boat but I just found one.

A 2002 G3 HP 170 w/115 hp Yamaha 4 stroke.
I don't have all the details but I heard it has very low hours.

He wants what he owes and that is around 10 grand.
New these boats sell for over $20,000.
NADA valued it in "average condition" to be $11,300.

This appears to be a good deal so far.
I will see the boat in a few days.

Thanks for any advice.

Man am I a bit nervous but with a Yamaha 115...how can I go wrong at
that price?

Old January 8th, 2007, 01:36 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
RichZ

SHRED wrote:
Sorry to talk so dang much about getting a boat but I just found one.

A 2002 G3 HP 170 w/115 hp Yamaha 4 stroke.
I don't have all the details but I heard it has very low hours.

He wants what he owes and that is around 10 grand.
New these boats sell for over $20,000.
NADA valued it in "average condition" to be $11,300.

This appears to be a good deal so far.
I will see the boat in a few days.

Thanks for any advice.

Man am I a bit nervous but with a Yamaha 115...how can I go wrong at
that price?

A couple friend of mine have HP series G3s and love them. In fact it was
fishing with them that convinced me to buy a G3 in the first place.
Although the narrower/lighter Eagle series fit my needs better, if the
right deal on an HP came along, I probably would have jumped.
Old January 8th, 2007, 03:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
SHRED

RichZ wrote:
SHRED wrote:
Sorry to talk so dang much about getting a boat but I just found one.

A 2002 G3 HP 170 w/115 hp Yamaha 4 stroke.
I don't have all the details but I heard it has very low hours.

He wants what he owes and that is around 10 grand.
New these boats sell for over $20,000.
NADA valued it in "average condition" to be $11,300.

This appears to be a good deal so far.
I will see the boat in a few days.

Thanks for any advice.

Man am I a bit nervous but with a Yamaha 115...how can I go wrong at
that price?

A couple friend of mine have HP series G3s and love them. In fact it was
fishing with them that convinced me to buy a G3 in the first place.
Although the narrower/lighter Eagle series fit my needs better, if the
right deal on an HP came along, I probably would have jumped.

I think having a Yamaha 115 4 stroke on it makes this a pretty darn good
deal if it all checks out.
Old January 8th, 2007, 03:39 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
SHRED

RichZ wrote:
SHRED wrote:
Sorry to talk so dang much about getting a boat but I just found one.

A 2002 G3 HP 170 w/115 hp Yamaha 4 stroke.
I don't have all the details but I heard it has very low hours.

He wants what he owes and that is around 10 grand.
New these boats sell for over $20,000.
NADA valued it in "average condition" to be $11,300.

This appears to be a good deal so far.
I will see the boat in a few days.

Thanks for any advice.

Man am I a bit nervous but with a Yamaha 115...how can I go wrong at
that price?

A couple friend of mine have HP series G3s and love them. In fact it was
fishing with them that convinced me to buy a G3 in the first place.
Although the narrower/lighter Eagle series fit my needs better, if the
right deal on an HP came along, I probably would have jumped.

Here is a pic:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ss/G3HP170.jpg
Old January 8th, 2007, 05:10 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"SHRED" wrote in message
RichZ wrote:
SHRED wrote:
[...]

Sounds like a decent deal. Check it out thoroughly and see what you find.
If it all checks out then do what your gut tells you.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River

Old January 9th, 2007, 12:15 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Dan

SHRED wrote:
Sorry to talk so dang much about getting a boat but I just found one.

A 2002 G3 HP 170 w/115 hp Yamaha 4 stroke.
I don't have all the details but I heard it has very low hours.

He wants what he owes and that is around 10 grand.
New these boats sell for over $20,000.
NADA valued it in "average condition" to be $11,300.

This appears to be a good deal so far.
I will see the boat in a few days.

Thanks for any advice.

Man am I a bit nervous but with a Yamaha 115...how can I go wrong at
that price?

It looks like a great buy for $10K. I'd give it a serious look myself
if it was in the my area and I agree that the Yamaha is worth the price
alone.

Do a quick compression check before you buy it. If the motor wasn't
serviced properly it could be worn even though it looks brand new.

Unless the previous owner provides you with detailed service records,
plan on taking it in for a top & bottom oil change and a new impeller
just to be safe and start out fresh.

Be sure to run the motor even if it's in his driveway. Test the
steering and shifting and listen for any hiccups.

There may be an extended warranty on the motor. They offered a 5-year
deal at one point - '02 sounds about right. Get the paperwork for that
if it exists.

If all is well, buy it! Plan on the usual headaches - bilge pump,
livewell pump, trailer lights, batteries, etc. You might have to shell
out a few more dollars to get on the water.

Good luck!
Dan