An Actual Heavy 3/0 Flipping Hook ???

Old April 7th, 2014, 08:53 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe[_6_]

Default An Actual Heavy 3/0 Flipping Hook ???

I know the odds of any serious fishing discussion in this group are slim,
but I thought I would give it a shot.

NOT interested in going straight shank. The Gami Super lines in 4/0 and
larger are OK, but I have straightened out several of the 3/0 way to easily.
Cost me a couple fish on Saturday. I would like a hook in that size &
profile with a strength of at least their 4/0. Any suggestions?

Old April 16th, 2014, 02:17 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bill McKee[_2_]

On 4/7/14, 12:53 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
I know the odds of any serious fishing discussion in this group are
slim, but I thought I would give it a shot.

NOT interested in going straight shank. The Gami Super lines in 4/0 and
larger are OK, but I have straightened out several of the 3/0 way to
easily. Cost me a couple fish on Saturday. I would like a hook in that
size & profile with a strength of at least their 4/0. Any suggestions?

Less drag? the hooks are super sharp, so maybe too much drag.
See actual discussion.
Old April 16th, 2014, 05:32 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe[_6_]

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...
On 4/7/14, 12:53 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
I know the odds of any serious fishing discussion in this group are
slim, but I thought I would give it a shot.

NOT interested in going straight shank. The Gami Super lines in 4/0 and
larger are OK, but I have straightened out several of the 3/0 way to
easily. Cost me a couple fish on Saturday. I would like a hook in that
size & profile with a strength of at least their 4/0. Any suggestions?

Less drag? the hooks are super sharp, so maybe too much drag.
See actual discussion.

Flipping heavy cover. Lightening the drag too much is a problem also. Even
with braid though I set the drag so it will slip a little on a hard hookset
with a 2-3 pound fish. Also, flipping often orients the hook towards the
roof of the fishes mouth. You need atleast some power to drive the hook
through that bony plate.