Power Pro... BAH!

Old April 6th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Charles Summers

Default Power Pro... BAH!

I finally strung up two reels with this stuff and already having problems
with it before even getting it wet. My fault for not reading the directions
and having short term memory loss, but I found a nice way to make sure it's
wrapped on tightly anyway.

The step that I forgot was to either use a backer line, or use electrical
tape at the beginning to prevent it from slipping on the spool. So... I had
to string it onto another reel all the way to the knot, add the tape, then
spool it back to the spool that I wanted it on. But, in the process... I was
able to get it to spool on tighter than feeding it through a rag with alot
of pressure like I did originally. It also went on straighter across the
spool.

BTW: What causes line to try to bunch up on one side of the spool? Has this
ever happened to you?

--
www.secretweaponlures.com
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old April 6th, 2004, 03:09 PM
Nikolay

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Charles Summers wrote:
BTW: What causes line to try to bunch up on one side of the spool? Has this
ever happened to you?

This happens to me if the line is pulled at an angle to the rod/reel. Did
you use the rod guides? (Assuming the reel is OK ...)
Old April 6th, 2004, 03:09 PM
Bob La Londe

"Charles Summers" wrote in message
[...]

I have one reel that does that. Never have figured out why. It doesn't do
it on any of ym other reels.

--
Public Fishing Forums
Fishing Link Index

webmaster
at
YumaBsssMan
dot
com

--
www.secretweaponlures.com
www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old April 6th, 2004, 03:30 PM
Charles Summers

I usually don't go through all the guides as I wind it off the spool, but
when I re-spooled it I did. That's when it went on straight! Hmm...
coincidence? You may have figured that one out for me.

Thanks!

s.edu...

Old April 6th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Bubba Test

The levelwind on one of my baitcasters does a "double take" on the right
side. As you retrieve, it gets to the end, starts left, does a quick 1/16"
turn back right, then back to the left. After 20+ casts, you can notice
line all bunched up on one side.

Old April 6th, 2004, 06:30 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Bubba Test" wrote in message
link.net...
The levelwind on one of my baitcasters does a "double take" on the right
side. As you retrieve, it gets to the end, starts left, does a quick

1/16"
turn back right, then back to the left. After 20+ casts, you can notice
line all bunched up on one side.

Check out your levelwind pawl. It sounds to me like it's worn down and
starting to skip. If this is the case and it catches in just the right
spot, you'll break some gears in the levelwind.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old April 7th, 2004, 01:12 AM
Thundercat

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 17:05:23 GMT, "alwayfishking"
wrote:

make sure line goes through all guides. Drove me crazy last year with one of
my reels

Harry J aka Thundercat
Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
Share the knowledge, compete on execution.