The Minnow Bucket revisited

Old April 5th, 2006, 11:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default The Minnow Bucket revisited

While I may never be completely finished tinkering with my boat, I
finally got enough done that I wanted to share.

http://fishingphotos.blogspot.com/

Thanks to all of you that gave me feedback on my earlier thread and
gave me pointers!

Old April 7th, 2006, 02:38 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

On 5 Apr 2006 15:16:41 -0700, "Henry Hefner"
sent into the ether:

http://fishingphotos.blogspot.com/

Boy Henry that looks real nice. Good job!

I've learned that I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it! (That is what my X-wife told me)

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
www.SecretWeaponLures.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!
Old April 7th, 2006, 04:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Absolutely great Henry. If I can make some suggestions...extend the cover
over the live wells to the rear of the boat, with the openings for the live
well, that way you'd have a full size fishing deck if you decided to stand
up and fish for awhile. Also, try to find a 40 or 50 amp circuit breaker for
the trolling motor and place it at the battery area. Your wiring for the TM
should be at least #10, I used #6 and my battery life and speed improved
tremendously,

oups.com...

Old April 7th, 2006, 04:36 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Thanks, Jerry
Of course I welcome suggestions, that's a big part of the reason for
posting this. I used #12 wire, and have an inline 30 amp fuse(with
spares on board) at the battery that goes directly to the motor.
Everything else is fused at a fuse block in the toggle swith box in
front of the live well. I really don't know what kind of amp draw this
motor takes yet, it is a MinnKota Mag24w, and the MinnKota website
doesn't tell me anything about it. After I see what it does, I'll try
larger wiring across the deck to see the difference. Thanks!
Also, I'm considering covering the rear area just to secure the battery
from theft, but the boat isn't very wide and I don't know if I want to
be standing that high, but I'll have to try it with a full boat, the
weight may make it more steady.

Old April 7th, 2006, 04:59 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard now"
wrote in message
On 5 Apr 2006 15:16:41 -0700, "Henry Hefner"
sent into the ether:

http://fishingphotos.blogspot.com/

Boy Henry that looks real nice. Good job!

I've learned that I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it! (That is what
my X-wife told me)

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
www.SecretWeaponLures.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and
Fish!!!

Is that a removable pilot house in the first photo?

Old April 7th, 2006, 01:17 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

wrote in message
On 5 Apr 2006 15:16:41 -0700, "Henry Hefner"
sent into the ether:

http://fishingphotos.blogspot.com/

Boy Henry that looks real nice. Good job!

I've learned that I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it! (That is what
my X-wife told me)

Remove the x for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
www.SecretWeaponLures.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and
Fish!!!

Is that a removable pilot house in the first photo?

Would you believe it was a Noah's Ark parade float? I see what you
mean, I guess I need to pay more attention to background when I take
photos.

Old April 7th, 2006, 10:23 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Yes, on small V-bottom boat, standing on the "casting deck" is asking for
trouble. If you decide to enclose it, you will need to provide ventilation
for the enclosed fuel tank, so keep that in mind.

Good job on the project, Henry. Mind if I link to it from the ODF site?

Joe
ups.com...

Old April 8th, 2006, 04:36 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Joe Haubenreich wrote:
Yes, on small V-bottom boat, standing on the "casting deck" is asking for
trouble. If you decide to enclose it, you will need to provide ventilation
for the enclosed fuel tank, so keep that in mind.

Thanks, right now I'm really just thinking of something removable that
I could lock in place when the boat isn't on the water, to keep the
neighborhoodlums from walking off with my battery or gas. Right now it
is just covered with a tarp in the back yard.

Good job on the project, Henry. Mind if I link to it from the ODF site?

*blushing* Shucks, Joe. Of course I don't mind.