BassPro in Toronto?

Old March 31st, 2004, 06:03 PM
Geff Simcoe

Default BassPro in Toronto?

I heard that ppl are saying BassPro Shop will be in Toronto this year.. is
that true? if so, where is it? I haven't heard anything now it's already
March 2004... looking forward to it.

It's good coz it will make local shops become more competitive, or even beat
the **** out them. Like Lebaron, it sucks ****, LeBaron deserves to be
beaten up.

(1) Lebaron stores don't open on Sunday.. now almost all stores in Toronto
open till 5pm on Sun at least!! Get into the culture!
(2) Their price is high coz they think they are the best.
(3) They don't even have an online store on their web site, maybe the kids
who maintain their web site doesn't know e-comm?
(4) I need to pay $2 for the damn Black & White catalog!! it's B&W!!!
can't believe that.
(5) Their employees at Hwy 7 + Woodbine lied coz last summer I asked em
about their annual no-tax event, they firmly said that there wouldn't be one
in "near future", but after a month I saw the tax-free promo!! I was so
****ed coz I couldn't returned the $400 stuff I bought after 30 days.
(6) If you are in Toronto, never buy GPS from Lebaron, it's rip off. Go
he http://www.gpscentral.ca/ My friend paid only one tax, coz that
company is in Calgary!! Even with shipping, he saved A LOT!

Looking forward to seeing BassPro.

Geff, the Finshing Dawg

Old April 1st, 2004, 03:05 AM
Jim Howarth

Vaughan Mills a new shopping centre off Hwy 400 being built across the road
from Canada's Wonderland

Old April 1st, 2004, 07:42 AM
Cameron

Geff Simcoe wrote:
[...]

Most of the people who work at LeBaron in Mississauga are friendly,
offer good advice and are knowledgeable. When the store isn't too busy
they don't mind taking the time to chat with you. I have been to a lot
of stores in Toronto looking for fishing lures and LeBaron is always
cheaper even than crappy tire. If you know a store in Toronto that is
cheaper for fishing lures of the same brand than I'd like know about it.
Even the non-fishing equipment I bought from them was cheaper then
other places. I bought a GPS from them and I couldn't find it cheaper
anywhere else in Toronto. I think Wal-Mart had it at the same price but
I'd rather buy from a local store than Wal-Mart. I did buy a reel from
LeBaron in Markham and the guy who sold it to me gave me good advice.
Did you talk to the manager about the tax-free promo? Maybe someone
made a mistake.

--
It's obvious what should be removed to make this a valid email address
Old April 2nd, 2004, 02:30 AM
vb

"Jim Howarth" wrote in message
news
Vaughan Mills a new shopping centre off Hwy 400 being built across the
road
from Canada's Wonderland

Hmmm, I can imagine that being a traffic and parking nightmare in the
summer!

Old April 2nd, 2004, 03:30 PM
HK

You got that right, Lebaron is the worst. They've had way too long a
run as virtually the only game in town. Wal-Mart is already beating
them up on the basics and with BPS in town, Lebaron will quickly
become a bad memory. Small stores can compete with the mega-stores
but they have to do it on customer service. Lebaron is anti-customer.
Have been for as long as I can remember.
Old April 2nd, 2004, 11:16 PM
ChAnG3P0INT_ChiCk

Default Lebaron vs BassProShop in Toronto

Generally speaking, Lebaron staffs are okay and pretty helpful. At least
they don't act like futureshop guys going after me like a dog begging for
commissions.

Anyways, this BassProShop vs Lebaron thingy is like Home Hardware vs Home
Depot. LMAF... Have you guys been to Woodbine/Highway 7 Home Hardware
store lately? LOL... all the items were paved with dust and spiders are
crawling on them. hahah. If Lebaron doesn't change their business plan and
the way they run the business, it will end up like home hardware. Someone
at management level better go and study Business 101 and Marketing 101. LOL
my 2 cents, think about opening on Sunday, extend store hr on Mon-Wed tilll
9pm in summer time, and get a damn online store like Geff said.

Sorry I don't speak French, but you do need to speak the Toronto business
language if u wanna play the game or like Mr.Trump said "You are fired!"
lol

om...

Old April 3rd, 2004, 02:23 PM
skategoat25

Are you kidding me? You must be cute because I'm usually ignored by LeBaron
staff. If they help you at all, it's like they're doing you a big frickin'
favour.

"ChAnG3P0INT_ChiCk" wrote in message
.rogers.com...
[...]

om...