More, People Eating Tasty Animals

Old December 18th, 2006, 01:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
catfish2006

Default More, People Eating Tasty Animals

More, People Eating Tasty Animals
Old December 19th, 2006, 12:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"catfish2006" wrote in message
et...
More, People Eating Tasty Animals

So, is this a picture of you or someone you know? Or is it just a picture
you found and uploaded to ABPF? I now have a rifle capable of dropping a
cape buffalo and I'd really like to do it someday!
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old December 20th, 2006, 03:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Fred Lebow

Actually, the original picture is of a cape buffalo, from the continent of
Africa.

ah...yeah...but, who cooks cape buffalo? g Bubalus bubalis barbecue...?

Water buffalo are from Asia and have been transplanted to Australia.

There is quite a difference, but you cook them just the same, a little at
a time.

Fried on a bun sounds great w tartare sauce

Fred

Old December 19th, 2006, 02:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff

catfish2006 wrote:

More, People Eating Tasty Animals

so...um...how does one cook water buffalo?
Old December 19th, 2006, 04:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"jeff" wrote in message
catfish2006 wrote:

More, People Eating Tasty Animals

so...um...how does one cook water buffalo?

Actually, the original picture is of a cape buffalo, from the continent of
Africa. Water buffalo are from Asia and have been transplanted to
Australia.

There is quite a difference, but you cook them just the same, a little at a
time.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	waterbuffalo.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	182

Old December 20th, 2006, 02:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
jeff

"jeff" wrote in message

catfish2006 wrote:

More, People Eating Tasty Animals

so...um...how does one cook water buffalo?

Actually, the original picture is of a cape buffalo, from the continent of
Africa.

ah...yeah...but, who cooks cape buffalo? g Bubalus bubalis barbecue...?

Water buffalo are from Asia and have been transplanted to
Australia.

There is quite a difference, but you cook them just the same, a little at a
time.

"Most notable are the kneecaps, prepared as a stew or goulash in a
traditional cast iron pot over a slow fire for a number of days. The
wait is worth it! Buffalo steak and kidney pie is another favorite. Many
also consider the tongue to be excellent."

g thanks for the instruction. i had no idea there was a difference.
always thought it was like the mahi-mahi, dolphin thing...never paid
much attention to the distinction. interesting...

jeff

Old December 20th, 2006, 03:31 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"jeff" wrote in message

catfish2006 wrote:

More, People Eating Tasty Animals

so...um...how does one cook water buffalo?

Actually, the original picture is of a cape buffalo, from the continent
of Africa.

ah...yeah...but, who cooks cape buffalo? g Bubalus bubalis barbecue...?

***Actually, the one time I did have cape buffalo, I thought it tasted quite
a bit like free-range beef. It was pretty darned good stuff.

Water buffalo are from Asia and have been transplanted to Australia.

There is quite a difference, but you cook them just the same, a little at
a time.

"Most notable are the kneecaps, prepared as a stew or goulash in a
traditional cast iron pot over a slow fire for a number of days. The wait
is worth it! Buffalo steak and kidney pie is another favorite. Many also
consider the tongue to be excellent."

***What? You've never eaten beef tongue? When I was a kid, my mother used
to boil beef tongue until tender, then skin off the outer membrane, leaving
the tender inner meat. Then she's slice it thin and put it on bread with
spicy brown mustard. Yum!

g thanks for the instruction. i had no idea there was a difference.
always thought it was like the mahi-mahi, dolphin thing...never paid much
attention to the distinction. interesting...

***I love to hunt as much as I love to fish, and Africa has always been a
dream of mine, so I'm fairly well studied on big game. After having been on
safari in South Africa last year, it's my goal to return, hunt cape buffalo
and other large critters. Then, I'd like to big game hunt on all the
continents.

Old December 19th, 2006, 05:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Cyli

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 20:27:37 -0500, jeff
wrote:

catfish2006 wrote:

More, People Eating Tasty Animals

so...um...how does one cook water buffalo?

Boil with lots of water chestnuts?
--

r.bc: vixen
Speaker to squirrels, willow watcher, etc..

http://www.visi.com/~cyli
Old December 19th, 2006, 07:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
rw

wrote:

catfish2006 wrote:

More, People Eating Tasty Animals

so...um...how does one cook water buffalo?

Boil with lots of water chestnuts?

And top with capers.