CATFISH EATING

Old August 30th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Dr. D

Default CATFISH EATING

Any body have a good Cajun recipe for catfish.
Or just a good recipe thanks Richard G.

Old August 31st, 2005, 12:07 AM
David H. Lipman

From: "Dr. D"

| Any body have a good Cajun recipe for catfish.
| Or just a good recipe thanks Richard G.

Battered and fried. It's really simple.

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Old August 31st, 2005, 02:36 AM
Vittorix

Dr. D wrote:
Any body have a good Cajun recipe for catfish.
Or just a good recipe thanks Richard G.

cook the whole fishes or the fillets in this way:
in a pan you put olive oil and garlic, let them heat until the garlic
golden (not burns!).
put a glass of white wine and let it evaporate.
chop and put 2 fresh tomatoes.
put the catfish, put salt and black pepper and lowerize the heat level,
putting the lid.
cook for 30 minutes. during this, often take off the lid and verse the
broth with a spoon on the fish.
add grinded parsley 2 minutes before the end of the coking.
serve warm.

--
ciao
Vittorix

Old August 31st, 2005, 04:17 AM
Dr. D

Sounds delicious I’ll cook some fillets tonight for the diner party.

I still would like some Cajun recipes for catfish or other fish

Thanks again Richard G.

Old August 31st, 2005, 04:58 AM
Cyli

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:17:48 -0700, "Dr. D"
wrote:

Sounds delicious I?ll cook some fillets tonight for the diner party.

I still would like some Cajun recipes for catfish or other fish

Thanks again Richard G.

http://www.google.com

type in Cajun catfish recipes.

Try some of them. Looks good. Everything from cornmeal battered to
blackened to berry somethinged and beer battered. I'd put in the URL,
but it's way long.

Cyli
r.bc: vixen. Minnow goddess. Speaker to squirrels.
Often taunted by trout. Almost entirely harmless.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli
email: lid (strip the .invalid to email)
Old August 31st, 2005, 06:56 AM
Ben S.

Dr. D wrote:
Any body have a good Cajun recipe for catfish.
Or just a good recipe thanks Richard G.

My favorites:

1) Blackened. Pick up some blackened catfish seasoning or google up a
recipe. Sprinkle on the fillets, and pan fry until blackened.

2) Seasoned flour. Mix up some flour, salt, pepper. Dredge fillets and
pan fry. Can also add some paprika, garlic powder, etc. to the mix.
You can also use cornmeal for some or all of the flour. I prefer the
fine cornmeal but some folks use coarse for a crunchy texture. I save
that stuff for the hushpuppies though.

-ben

Old August 31st, 2005, 02:47 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Dr. D" wrote in message
Any body have a good Cajun recipe for catfish.
Or just a good recipe thanks Richard G.

Have you tried typing "Cajun Catfish Recipies" in your web browser?
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old December 10th, 2005, 05:10 PM posted to alt.fishing

"Vittorix" wrote in message
Dr. D wrote:
Any body have a good Cajun recipe for catfish.
Or just a good recipe thanks Richard G.

cook the whole fishes or the fillets in this way:
in a pan you put olive oil and garlic, let them heat until the garlic
golden (not burns!).
put a glass of white wine and let it evaporate.
chop and put 2 fresh tomatoes.
put the catfish, put salt and black pepper and lowerize the heat level,
putting the lid.
cook for 30 minutes. during this, often take off the lid and verse the
broth with a spoon on the fish.
add grinded parsley 2 minutes before the end of the coking.
serve warm.

--
ciao
Vittorix

Here I show I cook bluegill & perch fillets. I also cook trout this way
it just takes more time .

1 Mix parmason cheese & seasoning with breadcrumbs.

2 Dip fish in beaten eggs and roll in bread crumbs.

3 Place breaded fish on lightly greased cooky sheet .

4 Place in hot oven 450 degrees for about 5 minutes for fillets & 10
minutes for trout. The larger the fish the more time.

Good luck !!