WHy do bass look so small

Old April 1st, 2007, 04:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Rodney Long

Default WHy do bass look so small

When I'm photoed with them ?

I got a 3 3/4 lb spot today (actually weighed it) I had someone photo me
holding it, and dang it looks like it might go 1 lb.

I can post the photo, but man it looks small, not good enough for this group

Worst than that today, my wife wanted fish tonight for supper, ok I'll
keep a few 1 to 2 lb bass, just enough for supper. I fished from just
one spot on the bank, first fish 1 1/2 spot,, in my rusty old fish
basket it went, next fish was the 3 3/4, I threw it back, next fish was
a 1 lb 14 OZ spot, I went to put it in the basket,, the first fish was
gone, examined the basket, and the bottom was messed up,, Ok must keep
bottom of basket on the bottom of the lake to hold the fish, no problem.

I then put 3 more 1 to 2 pound spots in the basket , being very careful,
I had plenty for supper.

Game warden shows up, (I tell him to be careful or the bass will escape)
he lifts the basket to see my catch, two bass escape, no a single word
of apology for letting my fish go from him,, now what makes it worst, 10
min. later his partner shows up and lifts the basket, and another one
escapes, so I have one bass for supper, made me madder than heck, I
switched lures and caught 6 "good" bream in 15 min., then went home, at
least we had fresh fish for supper :-)
--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,
Old April 2nd, 2007, 12:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
George

I can post the photo, but man it looks small, not good enough for this
group

Send it anyway; a fish is a fish. I haven't been able to go for a while and
seeing what you guys catch makes my day.
George in Las Vegas

Old April 2nd, 2007, 02:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Rodney Long

George wrote:
I can post the photo, but man it looks small, not good enough for this
group

Send it anyway; a fish is a fish. I haven't been able to go for a while and
seeing what you guys catch makes my day.
George in Las Vegas

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,
Nutri Shield insect repellent. ,Stand Out Hooks ,Stand Out Lures,
Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights, and the EZKnot
http://www.ezknot.com

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3lb10OZ.jpg
Views:	527
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	229
Old April 4th, 2007, 04:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
George

You don't hold them in the classic bass picture hold; at arms length! Maybe
the fish look small because you're big?
George in Las Vegas

Old April 4th, 2007, 04:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Rodney Long

George wrote:
You don't hold them in the classic bass picture hold; at arms length!

Heck, that is cheating
Maybe the fish look small because you're big?

Heck, that is true

Old April 8th, 2007, 02:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Nick

Objects that are closer to the camera lens are magnified more than more
distant objects. Short focal length lenses such as those on most "point and
shoot" cameras enhance this effect more than telephoto lenses because the
foreground objects in photos taken close up are proportionally closer to the
camera than those in telephoto shots. In the future, hold the fish between
your body and the camera. The fish will look larger and you will look
smaller. You will notice that the stars on fishing shows often hold the fish
an entire arms length closer to the camera to make them look large for TV!

Have a Great Day!

Fishinprof

Old April 2nd, 2007, 04:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
asadi

"Rodney Long" wrote in message
[...]

You really need to get a fish eye lens...

john

Old April 2nd, 2007, 04:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Rodney Long

asadi wrote:

You really need to get a fish eye lens...

john

I need something, that's for sure, at least the Mud Bug looked big

Old April 2nd, 2007, 05:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
The Great Gazooka

On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 22:40:31 -0500, Rodney Long
wrote:

asadi wrote:

You really need to get a fish eye lens...

john

I need something, that's for sure, at least the Mud Bug looked big

By Golly................you should take Steve out for dinner.
Old April 6th, 2007, 01:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Doug

Come on Gazookies, don't change your address now man, you're getting past my
filter. It's been so restful without you....

Regards

By Golly................you should take Steve out for dinner.