Excuse me_

Old April 27th, 2007, 02:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Bob Rickard

Default Excuse me_

Excuse me... I am always amazed at the perfectly ON-TOPIC postings I see on
newsgroups that are apologetically labeled as off-topic for reasons beyond
any common sense reason. For example, this group exists for pictures
concerning fishing, right? Well, Randy just posted pictures here of fishing
lures showing some color patterns he creates, but then says off-topic in his
subject line. Just what the hell is off topic about that, except fear of the
Spam freaks who preposterously accuse everything of being spam... screw
them! Randy's post was as on-topic as could be, & he need not apologize to
anyone for it.

Bob Rickard

Old April 27th, 2007, 06:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Rodney Long

Bob Rickard wrote:
Randy just posted pictures here of fishing
lures showing some color patterns he creates,

Maybe I'm funny, but I like looking at "new" and custom lures as much as
I like looking a someone else's fish. Far from off topic, as we see
guy's boats, fishing spots, fishing partners, and sometimes fishing dogs :-)
Many have posted their flies and jigs they have made
I've seen fishing comics here, and poems, even signs at the water's
edge, if it's fishing and not 20 post at a time (don't send every photo
you took on the trip) It's on topic
Heck I wish people could post little videos on fishing here.

Speaking of lures,, I'm looking for "very" slim plastic worms, can't
find any, if someone finds any or makes any,, post the photo here.

Actually when people photo fish they have caught, post the photo of the
lure you caught it on, it sure beats a description as there are so many
bait color names, it's hard for me to picture that color in my head, and
everyone's chartuse is not all the same color.

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,
Old April 27th, 2007, 11:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Fishking

"Bob Rickard" wrote in message
. net...
snipWell, Randy just posted pictures here of fishing
lures showing some color patterns he creates, but then says off-topic in
his subject line. Just what the hell is off topic about that, except fear
of the Spam freaks who preposterously accuse everything of being spam...
screw them!

Well Bob I have been around long enough to know better. Knowing that some
will call it spam, I'll label it OT just so thatb those who would like to
see the images are not caught up in any "spam/unethical BS" posts that it
might generate. That is never my intention. Unfortunately there are a few
people that would disagree. But I'm with you on this one,,,screw em :-)

Old April 27th, 2007, 11:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Fishking

"Rodney Long" wrote in message
snip Speaking of lures,, I'm looking for "very" slim plastic worms, can't
find any, if someone finds any or makes any,, post the photo here.

Stay tuned...we are working on a trick worm and a 4 inch skinny drop shot
bait. Looking for something different then look at the slithers we have, 4
inchs long and can be made translucent to reflect everything around it in
the water

Rodney wrote: SNIPit's hard for me to picture that color in my head, and
everyone's chartuse is not all the same color.

Your right about this one... is it green is it yellow. I have a new color
being developed and sent to me called Chartruse pumpkin. Not sure yet how it
will look when mixed into plastic, but I'll keep ya posted

Old April 27th, 2007, 02:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
asadi

"Bob Rickard" wrote in message
. net...
Excuse me... I am always amazed at the perfectly ON-TOPIC postings I see
on newsgroups that are apologetically labeled as off-topic for reasons
beyond any common sense reason. For example, this group exists for
pictures concerning fishing, right? Well, Randy just posted pictures here
of fishing lures showing some color patterns he creates, but then says
off-topic in his subject line. Just what the hell is off topic about that,
except fear of the Spam freaks who preposterously accuse everything of
being spam... screw them! Randy's post was as on-topic as could be, & he
need not apologize to anyone for it.

Bob Rickard

did You see the pics of my dog?

john

Old April 27th, 2007, 06:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Rodney Long

Fishking wrote:
"Rodney Long" wrote in message
snip Speaking of lures,, I'm looking for "very" slim plastic worms, can't
find any, if someone finds any or makes any,, post the photo here.

Stay tuned...we are working on a trick worm and a 4 inch skinny drop shot
bait. Looking for something different then look at the slithers we have, 4
inchs long and can be made translucent to reflect everything around it in
the water

What I'm really looking for is a 1/8 inch dia. 5 inch long plastic worm

I need about 4 million of them :-)

Old April 27th, 2007, 09:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Fishking

Rodney wrote SNIP
What I'm really looking for is a 1/8 inch dia. 5 inch long plastic worm

I need about 4 million of them :-)

Ok but that's gonna take me a few days :-)

Old April 27th, 2007, 10:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Rodney Long

Fishking wrote:
Rodney wrote SNIP
What I'm really looking for is a 1/8 inch dia. 5 inch long plastic worm

I need about 4 million of them :-)

Ok but that's gonna take me a few days :-)

Heck I will give you a week

Old April 28th, 2007, 04:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Doug

No, but I did, however, see a picture of a lonely, weird guy all curled up
in a dog cage though a couple weeks back. Strange stuff! Can't remember
his name though....

did You see the pics of my dog?

john

Old April 28th, 2007, 05:44 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Cyli

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 06:23:55 -0400, "Fishking"
wrote:

"Bob Rickard" wrote in message
.net...
snipWell, Randy just posted pictures here of fishing
lures showing some color patterns he creates, but then says off-topic in
his subject line. Just what the hell is off topic about that, except fear
of the Spam freaks who preposterously accuse everything of being spam...
screw them!

Well Bob I have been around long enough to know better. Knowing that some
will call it spam, I'll label it OT just so thatb those who would like to
see the images are not caught up in any "spam/unethical BS" posts that it
might generate. That is never my intention. Unfortunately there are a few
people that would disagree. But I'm with you on this one,,,screw em :-)

If you're planning to sell any of it / them, best to go for broke and
put AD: instead of OT: in front of it. Although the best way for that
is to link to pics in your website and have the web link in your sig
file. You'd still have to mention anything new in a post, though, and
take the yapping.
--

r.bc: vixen
Minnow goddess, Speaker to squirrels, willow watcher.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli