Wareham

Old July 4th, 2007, 11:35 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Eddie Morgan

Default Wareham

Hi gents

I will be camping in the Warehan Dorset area this august, I have been told
by the missus that I can take my sea fishing gear as long as I bring back a
Bass or two for the bbq.
I have a wide veriety of tackle so the type of fishing is not going to be a
problem, I just need to know a couple of localish marks that are likely to
produce.
Any advice would be greatly recieved ie which part or tide bait etc.

thanks in advance
Eddie

PS It doesnt need to be bass just anything edible (pollack?), as the whole
extended family will be there and the amount of stick I will get for
slinking off for a day and comming back empty handed, will no doubt last the
whole holiday

pps do they do mackeral trips out of poole harbour?

Old July 13th, 2007, 10:14 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea

Hi Eddie

I would suggest you try Swanage and along the coast towards Weymouth, Poole
harbour is a bass nursery area so you must not target bass.

Early morning or early evening around the headlands and down at Durdle Dor
and try a spin/plug or even float fish.

Mackerel trips are available at most of the resorts, Weymouth may be a
better bet and it gives the ladies something to do if they don't want to
fish.(shopping) ;-))

Hope you bring the weather with you!

Dave

Old July 13th, 2007, 11:26 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Matt

In message , Dave
writes
Mackerel trips are available at most of the resorts, Weymouth may be a
better bet and it gives the ladies something to do if they don't want
to fish.(shopping) ;-))

Bollox to that :-)

Come down Swanage, I got 108 mackerel yesterday.

The wimmen can go shag the locals, it'll keep them away from the sheep!

--
Matt - Dorset.
It only takes two-strokes to excite me (or a threesome :-))