Mitchell 600 Replacement Scews

Old October 17th, 2007, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Marc

Default Mitchell 600 Replacement Scews

Hi.

After recently stripping and servicing my Mitchell 600 I find I am in
need of some replacement screw for the reel foot and side plates. I
have had a couple of quotes for "new old stock" but they are very
expensive - does anyone know what size / thread the screws should be?
Or where i could get some cheap replacements?

Cheers!

Marc

Old October 17th, 2007, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Martyn

You can pick the reels for not a lot off ebay - buy either the 600 or 602
and then you've a load of spares

--

Martyn
ups.com...

Old October 18th, 2007, 12:00 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea

"Marc" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi.

After recently stripping and servicing my Mitchell 600 I find I am in
need of some replacement screw for the reel foot and side plates. I
have had a couple of quotes for "new old stock" but they are very
expensive - does anyone know what size / thread the screws should be?
Or where i could get some cheap replacements?

Cheers!

Marc

You could always ask the manufacturer in instances such as these - for
example, the reel handle came off my reel because the nut on the other side
came off somewhere as I was walking across a shingle beach at night and of
course, I never found it. I emailed Shakespeare and explained and they
asked for my address and a few days later they had posted it to me free of
charge.

Now that is what I call service. Bravo and thankyou to Shakespeare!

Perhaps Mitchell would be just as kind to you?

Old October 19th, 2007, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Marc

On 18 Oct, 12:00, wrote:
"Marc" wrote in message

[...]

the mitchell site only seems to have contact addresses for dealer, i
have already tried the one for the UK. I stumbled accross this site
so i have ordered from them.

http://www.mitchellparts.com/

thanks for you help and suggesitons.