Community Outdoors Gallery and Waypoint sharing

Old April 29th, 2009, 11:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
linuxjet

Default Community Outdoors Gallery and Waypoint sharing

I've been working on a website that allows members to store and
track waypoint information. Public or private each member of the
site can create waypoints using a google based map. Each point on the
map allows hunters and fisherman the ability to track details about
specific trips or locations. The details related to the points are
treated as an incident or occurrence at that waypoint and each
waypoint can have an unlimited amount of occurrences. This ability
gives you the ability to track details of these points over time.
Possible uses of the waypoints can be tracking fishing holes
thoughout the course of a year or more, to just marking the location
of your hosted tournaments to give visitors a visual look at the
location. All of these points can be kept private or shared with
other site members or groups. There is also a gallery which allows
members to track and link photos to the waypoints if they choose.

If you would like to check it out go to:
http://www.fishingaces.com
http://www.huntingaces.com

Be sure to create and account. Members get to have all the fun...

james
Old May 1st, 2009, 09:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
alaskaguy

On Apr 29, 5:00*pm, linuxjet wrote:
[...]

Am I correct that all this can be done without making the maps and/or
photos public? Interested...but would like to be 110% on privacy
aspect.

_____________________________________
Family-Outdoors
www.family-outdoors.com
Old May 1st, 2009, 10:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
Fishingaces

On May 1, 3:27*pm, alaskaguy wrote:
[...]

Yes. Everything can be kept private. As soon as I can get some real
interest I will work on getting a certificate for encrypted
transmission of data for an extra bit of protection for the member
data.

This is not a externally hosted site to prevent unauthorized people
access to the raw data. All data is on redundant drives and backed up
daily in the case of accidental deletion or errors. I hope to expand
bandwidth in the future but this would come with a cost to members
with the possibility of a member fee. I have not decided on this so I
will post it on the forum when the time come to get member suggestions
and input.

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask or post them on the
forum.
http://www.fishingaces.com/forum

james
Old May 1st, 2009, 10:50 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
alaskaguy

On May 1, 4:24*pm, Fishingaces wrote:
[...]

Went ahead and signed up...pretty cool!
Old May 2nd, 2009, 12:49 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
Fishingaces

Default Community Outdoors Gallery and Waypoint sharing website

On May 1, 4:50*pm, alaskaguy wrote:
[...]

I saw that. Good lunk with post and let me know if you have any
questions about the waypoint system.