WD40

Old December 21st, 2006, 11:17 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Ray

Default WD40

According to Sea Angler magazine, (Jan 2007, page 46) WD40 has "a big
following as an effective fish attractant and bait additive."

What say you?

Old December 22nd, 2006, 01:29 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Cliff

It works.
"Ray" wrote in message
According to Sea Angler magazine, (Jan 2007, page 46) WD40 has "a big
following as an effective fish attractant and bait additive."

What say you?

It has removed 112 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Old December 23rd, 2006, 01:20 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Neil

"Ray" wrote in message ...
According to Sea Angler magazine, (Jan 2007, page 46) WD40 has "a big
following as an effective fish attractant and bait additive."

What say you?

I heard a rumour many years ago and do no not if true or not, but the rumour was that WD40 contains fish oil

Old January 7th, 2007, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Gonfishin

There is a strong body of belief in this sublect.
As WD40 seems to break down oil (careful how you spray your reels) you could
believe that it also breaks down fish oil and what ever "oil" there is in
worm.
If this is so then bait sprayed with WD40 would tend to release its oils
more quickly thus presnting a good scent trail from early in the cast. It
would tend to run out a lot quicker though, so more frequent re-bailting is
called for, more scent ,more often, more fish?!
Tight lines
Keith M

Old January 7th, 2007, 11:10 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Christopher Wildman

I spent a lot of time and effort keeping all detergent and mineral oil off
my hands. I told my anglers (I'm a former charter crewman and current
charter skipper) not to contaminate their bait or end tackle. I was amazed
when a party of anglers sprayed every single mackeral flapper bait with
WD40. I went off on one and told them off - needless to say they caught
loads of Conger and Ling. They even had a fair whack of Cod. Smartass (me)
who did not "contaminate" anything caught next to nothing.
That said, mineral oil and detergents do cut your chances so what I now do
if I have to touch the engine is wear disposable gloves. They can get holes
so holes or not I wash my hands with warm water and washing up liquid. I re
wash with fresh water and spray my hands lightly with WD40. Then I use a
towel to dry my hands as well as I can.
I have been told that WD40 is a vegetable oil in a solvent. The solvent is
volatile and dissipates quickly slowed only by the vegetable oil.
Combination with old sticky oil causes the old oil to thin and mix easily
with the vegetable oil.
Some of the WD40 lookalikes are mineral oil based and I don't ever use them.
I try now to never say never about anything in angling!

Enjoy your fishing,
Chris W

Old January 21st, 2007, 12:56 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Derek

. uk...

"Neil" wrote in message

"Ray" wrote in message
According to Sea Angler magazine, (Jan 2007, page 46) WD40 has "a big
following as an effective fish attractant and bait additive."

What say you?

I heard a rumour many years ago and do no not if true or not, but the
rumour was that WD40 contains fish oil

Beats me I have never fancied the idea, me I get a bit of squid or makkie
on- but wiki disagrees with the fish/veggie ideas claiming that it is
mineral based as the safety data sheet shows
http://www.wd40.com/Download/?/Brand...aerosol.us.pdf
either way its brilliant for getting dirty grease, paint etc etc off your
hands.
Derek

Old January 21st, 2007, 02:21 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
[email protected]

Derek wrote:

Beats me I have never fancied the idea, me I get a bit of squid or makkie
on- but wiki disagrees with the fish/veggie ideas claiming that it is
mineral based as the safety data sheet shows
http://www.wd40.com/Download/?/Brand...aerosol.us.pdf
either way its brilliant for getting dirty grease, paint etc etc off your
hands.
Derek

What about putting a cod liver oil capule on a hook?

Old February 10th, 2007, 01:49 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Derek

wrote in message
oups.com...

Derek wrote:

Beats me I have never fancied the idea, me I get a bit of squid or makkie
on- but wiki disagrees with the fish/veggie ideas claiming that it is
mineral based as the safety data sheet shows
http://www.wd40.com/Download/?/Brand...aerosol.us.pdf
either way its brilliant for getting dirty grease, paint etc etc off your
hands.
Derek

What about putting a cod liver oil capule on a hook?

Can't see the scent lasting long what I aim for is a slow release so the
fish have time to swim uptide to zero in on the bait.Its going to be of no
use if all the scent is released in one lot in fact the fish are likely to
be moving away following the cloud.
Derek

Old September 28th, 2007, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
The Midnight Rider

this will sound stupid, but trust me it worked for me and the codling had
fits;

1) buy some hemp and boil (juice is for the bait, hemp is for next course
day).
2) buy yourself brown sugar, milk, and flour.

3) place 1lbsugar in pan and boil slowly untill starts to caramelise, add
the juice from the boiled hemp (approx 1/4 pint), add milk (1/4 pint) and
allow to boil, add small amount of flour at a time until starting to become
like dough in consistency, allow to cool while kneading (dont try to knead
too soon it bloody hurts lol), make into b alls about 30 mm in diameter, fit
to hook using 'boiley rig' make the rig on a paternosta so it sits well onto
bottom. (i found that a running trace was a little twitchy on the bites)
wait and enjoy.
The bait will take around 15 - 20 mins to dissolve while allowing a steady
stream of irresistable flavour off.

"Derek" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...