How's the surf?

Old February 8th, 2008, 02:40 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
A Polinger[_3_]

Default How's the surf?

Question, is it worth it to hit the surf now? I have a day off next week
and I was thinking of going to the hook, or would it be a worth my time
driving down?
Thanks
AP

--
A Polinger
Old February 9th, 2008, 12:24 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
David H. Lipman

From: "A Polinger"

| Question, is it worth it to hit the surf now? I have a day off next week
| and I was thinking of going to the hook, or would it be a worth my time
| driving down?
| Thanks
| AP-- A Polinger

In an International News Group such a vague question is hard to answer.

Winter flounder
Ling
Whiting

My neighbour caught a Striped Bass on a hopkins last week.
Locality: New Jersey, USA

Old February 9th, 2008, 02:11 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
trico mike

you may be able to get on aboat to go offshore and catch some whiting &
ling but for the most part the surf is dead if you want stripers try in
jersey city at the power plant.

--
trico mike
Old March 3rd, 2008, 04:18 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
Ed White[_2_]

"A Polinger" wrote in message

Question, is it worth it to hit the surf now? I have a day off next week
and I was thinking of going to the hook, or would it be a worth my time
driving down?
Thanks
AP

If you get lucky with a warm, sunny day you may have some luck in the back
of the Raritan Bay, the warmer water gets the fish a little more active.
Surf fishing won't start for real, for me, till April something......

Ed

Old March 4th, 2008, 11:18 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
David H. Lipman

From: "Ed White"

| If you get lucky with a warm, sunny day you may have some luck in the back
| of the Raritan Bay, the warmer water gets the fish a little more active.
| Surf fishing won't start for real, for me, till April something......
|
| Ed

Tight lines to you Ed !

Old March 10th, 2008, 11:52 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
Ed White[_2_]

From: "Ed White"

| If you get lucky with a warm, sunny day you may have some luck in the
back
| of the Raritan Bay, the warmer water gets the fish a little more active.
| Surf fishing won't start for real, for me, till April something......
|
| Ed

Tight lines to you Ed !

Hey Dave,
Long time no newsgroup, been out of touch, but I just spent al winter making
plugs and I can't wait to get back to the beach (or the bay!).

Ed

Old March 11th, 2008, 02:19 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
David H. Lipman

From: "Ed White"

| Hey Dave,
| Long time no newsgroup, been out of touch, but I just spent al winter making
| plugs and I can't wait to get back to the beach (or the bay!).
|
| Ed

Me too.
However thanx to Eminent Domain abuse, I am about to lose my "live on the beach" home. :-(

Old March 11th, 2008, 09:34 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
Ed White[_2_]

| Hey Dave,
| Long time no newsgroup, been out of touch, but I just spent al winter
making
| plugs and I can't wait to get back to the beach (or the bay!).
|
| Ed

Me too.
However thanx to Eminent Domain abuse, I am about to lose my "live on the
beach" home. :-(

Oh man, you've got my sympathy Dave, the last thing I want to see is more
condo's on the oceanfront, your neighborhood is NOT blighted and I would
kill to live so close to the beach, not to mention that that stretch of
beach is one of my fave's in Long Branch.
Sorry to hear that.

Ed

Old March 12th, 2008, 02:39 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
David H. Lipman

From: "Ed White"

| Oh man, you've got my sympathy Dave, the last thing I want to see is more
| condo's on the oceanfront, your neighborhood is NOT blighted and I would
| kill to live so close to the beach, not to mention that that stretch of
| beach is one of my fave's in Long Branch.
| Sorry to hear that.
|
| Ed

Yeah... It sucks!