OT has to happen all the time. I guess

Old December 21st, 2007, 06:39 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Default OT has to happen all the time. I guess

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 14:17:20 -0500, "Tim J."
wrote:

Jeff typed:
snip
But, i'm not representing the ass-wipers...i'll leave that group to my
friends jim and wayno. They know how to turn ****e into shinola.

I've heard they can also change it back again. Is there any truth to that?

Sure...well, with a suitably large retainer against a rather steep
hourly rate, IAC...

Oh, this won't help,
Old December 21st, 2007, 07:03 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

Zimbo wrote:
On Dec 19, 4:22 pm, "Larry L" wrote:

Being a bit "cell phone conscious" lately I really noticed the number of
people with the damn things stuck to their ears as they whipped through
lanes of traffic, eager to save, maybe, a second or two.

One time I was out fly fishing and--I swear I'm not making this up--
took a call from RDean. Fortunately, I was able to continue casting
with my right hand while my left hand held the cell phone up to my ear
or someone might have been seriously injured. I did have to put RDean
momentarily on hold a couple of times while I released fish back to
the water but he probably didn't notice.

--Steve

You should have declined the call and blocked all further ones.

I've never received a call from RDean, but if I ever do he'll get an earful.

Old December 21st, 2007, 01:33 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
W. D. Grey

In article , Gordon
MacPherson writes

"Larry L" wrote in message
I just took a short, hour each way, drive to help my son with a couple
things at his place.

Being a bit "cell phone conscious" lately I really noticed the number of
people with the damn things stuck to their ears as they whipped through
lanes of traffic, eager to save, maybe, a second or two. I wonder what
percentage of those calls were even vaguely "important." ... certainly all
were dangerous.

Got me thinking that each day several people probably hear a friend or
loved one die as the attempts at cell phone/ driving multi-tasking fail
and
end in a crash.

Damn I'm glad I'm so very, very, unimportant. The world won't end if I
I'm a bit late and it gets by well enough without my being on a phone 85%
of
the time ... or ever while driving

.... or fishing

Just announced in the UK that using the phone while driving, in some
circumstances could lead to imprisonment - reckoned to be as dangerous as
drunk driving

Gordon

Quite right too. !
--
Bill Grey

Old December 21st, 2007, 01:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
W. D. Grey

In article , rw
writes
Why not? We could enact a "lip movement" law that restricts
conversation of any sort. Of course, that won't fix the "wiping their
ass" thing, but we could just pass a law per day until we've hit all
the possibilities.

When it comes to laws, I'm a utilitarian. Laws can reasonably solve
some problems, but not others. So I'm against a lip movement law. It's
not practical.

Ventriloquism lessons - here! Cheap :-)
--
Bill Grey

Old December 21st, 2007, 01:40 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

rw typed:
Zimbo wrote:
On Dec 19, 4:22 pm, "Larry L" wrote:

Being a bit "cell phone conscious" lately I really noticed the
number of people with the damn things stuck to their ears as they
whipped through lanes of traffic, eager to save, maybe, a second or
two.

One time I was out fly fishing and--I swear I'm not making this up--
took a call from RDean. Fortunately, I was able to continue casting
with my right hand while my left hand held the cell phone up to my
ear or someone might have been seriously injured. I did have to put
RDean momentarily on hold a couple of times while I released fish
back to the water but he probably didn't notice.

You should have declined the call and blocked all further ones.

I've never received a call from RDean, but if I ever do he'll get an
earful.

I'm sure he'll stay on the line and listen to the entire rant. I know *I*
would!

I've had the pleasure of taking a call from rdean, and it's one I very much
appreciated.
--
TL,
Tim

Old December 21st, 2007, 02:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

"JT" wrote in message

"Wolfgang" wrote in message

The "guy/gal working for a living" are simply the largest sub-set of the
larger class of consumers. Consumers, you will doubtless be surprised to
learn, pay for EVERYTHING. The precise route the money takes in its
endless circulation may be of interest for any number of reasons, but
whether the feds or the insurance companies get a larger chunk of the
bits that go to health care on its way round and round is irrelevant in
and of itself. The real question is who makes more efficient use of it
en route.

That troubles me...

It should.....but not for the reasons you think.

What I think and my concerns are having our no-so efficient government
take over something as huge and complex as health care,

In which case, one shudders to speculate on what you might think about our
no-so efficient government take over something as huge and complex as,
say.....government.

"free" health care would need to be paid for through higher taxes or
spending cuts in other areas,

To be sure. So, are we to suppose that despite your keen insight into
efficiency and good governance, you can't of any areas in which spending
cuts might not be such a terrible idea? One would think that education
should come immediately to mind. After all, a lack thereof hasn't done you
any harm......right?

how flexibile would a government mandated system be,

That would depend to a great extent on what is mandated.

will people increase doctor visits,

Quite possibly. One would hope so.

medications,

Hard to say, but there is no good reason to suppose so.

etc...

Kind of vague.....impossible to evaluate with any hope of accuracy.

making the cost for health care much more than they currently are,

The conventional wisdom is that early detection and intervention drastically
reduces both the cost and necessary rigor or severity of treatment. You
should call the AMA and tell them that they've got it all wrong.

will healthy people pay the burden for people that are not so healthy,

You mean like they do now and, to one degree or another, have always done
(you HAVE heard of insurance.......right?)? Yes.

transitioning to a universal health care,

Yes.

lost jobs, business closure,

I'll be generous and assume that means something......but you're going to
have to explain just what.

if spending is out of control

and it most certainly is.

there will be no turning back with a government run plan.

Once again, it would be most helpful if the words provided some clues as to
the intended meaning.

Wolfgang

Old December 21st, 2007, 02:06 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

wrote in message
news
...malum prohibitum (not being allowed to carry a handgun in the
glovebox unless "traveling").

Damned nuisance (not to mention distracting) having to take the thing out at
every traffic light and stop sign, if you ask me.

Wolfgang

Old December 21st, 2007, 02:11 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

"rw" wrote in message
m...
Zimbo wrote:
On Dec 19, 4:22 pm, "Larry L" wrote:

Being a bit "cell phone conscious" lately I really noticed the number of
people with the damn things stuck to their ears as they whipped through
lanes of traffic, eager to save, maybe, a second or two.

One time I was out fly fishing and--I swear I'm not making this up--
took a call from RDean. Fortunately, I was able to continue casting
with my right hand while my left hand held the cell phone up to my ear
or someone might have been seriously injured. I did have to put RDean
momentarily on hold a couple of times while I released fish back to
the water but he probably didn't notice.

--Steve

You should have declined the call and blocked all further ones.

I've never received a call from RDean, but if I ever do he'll get an
earful.

I received a call from dicklet.....I got a pantload.

Wolfgang

Old December 21st, 2007, 02:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Zimbo

On Dec 21, 12:35*am, wrote:

I did notice, and if you recall, I offered to call you at a
more-convenient time, but you continued the call. *And if you further
recall, I called you without knowledge of where you were. *I'd offer
that if your story has any meaning, it is the fact that you had your
cell phone on astream and were taking calls there says something about
you and nothing whatsoever about anyone who happened to call your cell
phone - at your invitation - without any knowledge that you were
astream.

Why on earth would I not gladly take a call from someone on ROFF
whilst fly fishing? It seemed like kismet at the time and still does.

--Steve