waterboarding

Old December 29th, 2007, 09:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

Default waterboarding

jeff wrote:

it's ridiculous for anyone to claim or suggest it isn't torture...

It's crazy, isn't it? Anyone who could convince themselves that it isn't
torture could convince themselves of anything. That explains Bush's
nonzero approval rating.

During the American Revolution General Washington ordered that prisoners
of war be treated humanely, even though the English often used, frankly,
terrorist tactics. No doubt this order was sometimes disobeyed, but it
was the policy.

This country has lost its way.

Old December 29th, 2007, 10:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
BJ Conner

On Dec 29, 5:38 am, Dave LaCourse wrote:
On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 19:24:29 -0800, rw

wrote:
It's torture. Plain and simple.

I am so disgusted with our government.

Put it this way:

If waterboarding would save the life of your wife, children, and
boyfriend, would you be in favor of it? Yeah, me too.

Torture is pain. There is no pain in waterboarding. And it lasts
only 25 seconds. If it saves lives, waterboard away.

Nice troll, btw. d;o)

LaCourse

It was our ideal not our land or material wealth that made us a great
nation. Review the history or the 15 and 16 century. Royalty ran
rampant over the rights of the common man. People were thrown and
left in jail with no reason. Confessions obtained under torture were
valid.
The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution were published
widely and studied by scholars and statement. Some indivulas had
written about the rights of man, but no groups of men ever risk their
all in open armed defiance.
It was the expression of ideals that made us great.
Are you willing to discard those ideal just because of a few rag
heads.
Read the bill of rights and see how well they protected us ( if you
just apply it to a few you apply it to all of us).
When we abandon our ideals we become a bunch of gangsters just like
the people were fighting. Battles of ideals are always fought best
from the moral high ground.
Torture has gone on in wars before; ever hear the rumors of the VC
that flew out of the Hueys into the Tonkin gulf.
Torture gets you answers but it usually get you the truth. With just
the equipment carried by the average fly-fisherman I'll bet you could
be made to confess to giving MC a blow job and enjoying it so much
that you want to do it again.
Old December 29th, 2007, 10:32 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Opus--Mark H. Bowen

"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message
On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 12:41:27 -0500, "Opus--Mark H. Bowen"
wrote:

Davie, the illiterate expert on Native American ancestories and torture
techniques, stated th

Screw you, fat and ugly redneck.

While I have no issue with homosexual proclivities, I am a heterosexual;
therefore, I can't ablige you in your endeavors to achieve certain
fantasies.

I'll give ya "fat and ugly" but, if I do sayso myself, you fit into the
"redneck" category much better than myself.

If fat and ugly rednecks are the subject of your affections, might I suggest
that you contact some of your Theo-Neocon buddies. However, satiating your
desire may require a move on your part to a RED state!

Does the wife know of your sexual interest in fat and ugly rednecks?

HTH

Op

Old December 29th, 2007, 10:34 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Opus--Mark H. Bowen

"Ray or Bobbi Adams" wrote in message

"rb608" wrote in message
"Dave LaCourse" wrote in message
If waterboarding would save the life of your wife, children, and
boyfriend, would you be in favor of it? Yeah, me too.

Turn that around. Suppose your wife or child was mistakenly taken
captive by a foreign government who thought they had valuable
information. Would it be okay if they were waterboarded? Hell no; and
that's the same outrage you should have when our country does it.

With all due respect, the false choice you posit is bull****. It assumes
that you *know* you have the right person, you *know* they possess the
information you seek, you *know* that information is valid and timely,
and you *know* they will give you the correct information under torture.
But, the fact is, you can know none of that with certainty before you
begin the torture. Further, even with information you glean in that
manner, you can't be certain it is truth or made up to stop the torture.
IOW, you're going on an inhuman fishing expedition (OBROFF).

Torture is one of those crimes that simply cannot be excused. There can
be no double standard. If we can do it to them, they can do it to us.
If we can do it to save our children, they can do it to our children with
the same moral authority. I cannot excuse or condone that.

Joe F.

sure beats beheading

Not necessarily.

Op

Old December 29th, 2007, 10:38 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rb608

"BJ Conner" wrote in message
Torture gets you answers but it usually get you the truth. With just
the equipment carried by the average fly-fisherman I'll bet you could
be made to confess to giving MC a blow job and enjoying it so much
that you want to do it again.

You made a statement and disproved your own premise in only two sentences.
Beautifully done.

Joe F.

Old December 29th, 2007, 10:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Opus--Mark H. Bowen

wrote in message

wrote:

It's torture. Plain and simple.

I am so disgusted with our government.

Put it this way:

If waterboarding would save the life of your wife, children, and
boyfriend, would you be in favor of it? Yeah, me too.

Torture is pain.

Have you even been "tortured?" (and no, reading posts on ROFF doesn't
count...)

There is no pain in waterboarding.

Have you ever been waterboarded?

And it lasts only 25 seconds.

Not necessarily. It depends on the person being boarded and the
technique(s) used.

If it saves lives, waterboard away.

On that, we agree.

A truly sad comment.

I can only suppose that you wouldn't have problem with the so-called enemies
of the US torturing our troops at will as well. I mean it could save the
lives of our enemies troops.

Op

Nice troll, btw. d;o)

Hmmm...much like the definition of "torture," the definition of "nice"
seems to be a rather hard-to-pin-down target...

Happy Holidays,

LaCourse