Best reel under $100? Best reel under $50?

Old December 27th, 2007, 11:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Gerard

Default Best reel under $100? Best reel under $50?

boy I sure am found of the cfo, what's wrong with getting used spools for
it?.
wow the old orvis reels were made by hardy in England, or so I've heard,
Hardy always stood high with me for fly reels, ever since I've bought my
first cfo, I wonder if hardy is outsourcing too?
"sandfly" wrote in message

90% of the under 200.00 reels are being made in a few over seas
factorys..one line is okuma, the one right next to it could be orvis..so
on and so on, all in the same building...all made about the same with a
few quirks to make each reel different..the price denotes how good..

--
sandfly

sandfly/bob
flyfishing instructor, tying and shop owner
http://tinyurl.com/3x53lq
N.J.B.B.A.2215
formally bucks now tioga co. pa.
there's a fine between sane and Insane !

I did not escape----They gave me a day pass !!
Newsgroups
=----

Old December 29th, 2007, 10:25 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Bill Kiene

Orvis original "Battenkill" is $85 usd

Ross has the "Flystart" that is $45 usd

Actually there are so many reels now it is hard to choose.

PS: I have a friend who got testicular cancer from using an Okuma fly reel.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA, USA

Web site: www.kiene.com

wrote in message

I've had an Orvis CFO III for some time now, and while it's a nice
reel, I just can't afford to buy the requisite number of $115 spools
to match the different fly lines I use. And, at the same time, I have
to say my old $40 Okuma Sierra never did me any harm. With that in
mind, what's your vote for:

Best reel under $100?

Best reel under $50?

Old January 1st, 2008, 01:37 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

PS: I have a friend who got testicular cancer from using an Okuma fly reel.

Okay, I'm sitting here on IV morphine and start reading weird ****
like this. Is it ROFF or the morphine? I don't know. Third base.
Frank Reid
Old January 1st, 2008, 01:50 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Opus--Mark H. Bowen

"Frank Reid" wrote in message

PS: I have a friend who got testicular cancer from using an Okuma fly
reel.

Okay, I'm sitting here on IV morphine and start reading weird ****
like this. Is it ROFF or the morphine? I don't know. Third base.
Frank Reid

A morohine IV? Is that your regular dinner entrée, or are you STILL in the
hospital?

I sure hope you get better soon, so that some other calamity can have a
chance at ya.

Really, Frank, get well soon!

Op

Old January 1st, 2008, 06:55 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

PS: I have a friend who got testicular cancer from using an Okuma fly
reel.

Okay, I'm sitting here on IV morphine and start reading weird ****
like this. *Is it ROFF or the morphine? *I don't know. *Third base..
Frank Reid

A morohine IV? Is that your regular dinner entrée, or are you STILL in the
hospital?

I sure hope you get better soon, so that some other calamity can have a
chance at ya.

Really, Frank, get well soon!

Well, had some more pain on Friday that ended up with an emergency
colon resection on Saturday because of a peferated bowel. Lost a foot
of colon. So this is my happy friggen New Year. I'm on morphine IV
with a periodic shot of dilaudid.
OBROFF: I got one of those Bass Pro reels at the BP mother ship in
Springfield, MO for 40 bucks.
Frank Reid
Old January 1st, 2008, 03:17 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

Frank Reid wrote:
[...]

jeez frank... may the new year find you struggling only with nature in
the trout waters of your choice. hope to see you at penns this year...
get well.

jeff
Old January 1st, 2008, 03:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

Frank Reid wrote:
Well, had some more pain on Friday that ended up with an emergency
colon resection on Saturday because of a peferated bowel. Lost a foot
of colon. So this is my happy friggen New Year. I'm on morphine IV
with a periodic shot of dilaudid.

Damn man, what a friggin' bummer. Emergency surgery can't
be any fun but on the bright side, from now on when folks
tell you you're full of **** you can nod sagely and reply,
"yeah, but not as much as I used to be." ;-)

Best wishes for getting well and a Happy 2008 !

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old January 1st, 2008, 03:38 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Opus--Mark H. Bowen

Frank Reid wrote:
[...]

Please get much better soon Frank!

and I apologize for making light of your earlier post!

Best to you and yours!

Op

Old January 1st, 2008, 03:38 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

Well, had some more pain on Friday that ended up with an emergency
colon resection on Saturday because of a peferated bowel. *Lost a foot
of colon. *So this is my happy friggen New Year. *I'm on morphine IV
with a periodic shot of dilaudid.

Damn man, what a friggin' bummer. Emergency surgery can't
be any fun but on the bright side, from now on when folks
tell you you're full of **** you can nod sagely and reply,
"yeah, but not as much as I used to be." ;-)

And I do believe the doc found a lot of those early microwaves that I
used to sell.
Frank Reid
(and to you too)
Old January 1st, 2008, 03:43 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

Please get much better soon Frank!

and I apologize for making light of your earlier post!

Best to you and yours!

Hey, making light of pain is how I cope and its obvious that I have
great coping mechanisms.
Frank Reid
(well, the narcotics also help)