Penns 2012

Old January 1st, 2012, 02:46 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

Default Penns 2012

Okay, when we doing Penns this year? My bride needs to schedule
vacation now.
Frank Reid
Old January 4th, 2012, 01:31 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

I has been decided. We sacrificed the candidates stumping in Iowa and
read their entrails. The umpteenth annual Penns Clave Massacre is now
officially scheduled. Come one, come all, BYOLB (bring your own
lobster bib). Get your reserves now at Hemlock and the environs. You
know the drill. The creek should be at a gentile 5-6000 CFS and the
weather will be standard Penns fare (hail, snow, sleet, blizzard
hatches).

When: 12-20 May 2012
Whe Hemlock Acres Campground and the environs of Coburn, PA.
What to expect: blizzard hatches of March Browns, sulphurs, gray fox,
tan caddis, .... you get the picture. Tons of stuff will be coming
off the water.
Who's in charge: NO ONE! This ain't a friggen cruise ship. We don't
have an activities director. There will be no raffle, no barley
stew.. Its fish and drink (not necessarily in that order). No food
will be consumed during the entire 10 day period, only beer and single
malt (okay, Grape Nehi for the Handyman). We will completely ignore
the $2 a pound sirloins from the Amish butcher and the lobsters at the
Milheim. There will be a ceremonial toast in memory of Messr Axelrad,
so bring your Manhattan and Martini mixings for the toast.
cheers
Frank Reid