OT - advice forum for outboards

Old November 19th, 2005, 01:39 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default OT - advice forum for outboards

I was wondering if anyone knows of some good forums for outboards engines.
I have a Merc
with some serious longterm carburetor issues. I've posted on Iboats and
Nextbite, but
they appear to be Merc sponsored. I think there's a political correctness
thing there
where if the question is about an actual merc problem, the silence is
deafening.
It seems like when the issue is user error, or boat rigging, etc, the
replies are active.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
thanks
bill

Old November 19th, 2005, 02:19 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

You might try Bass Fishing Home Page (boats and motors).

Old November 19th, 2005, 04:53 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"rider89" wrote in message
. com...
I was wondering if anyone knows of some good forums for outboards engines.
I have a Merc
with some serious longterm carburetor issues. I've posted on Iboats and
Nextbite, but
they appear to be Merc sponsored. I think there's a political
correctness thing there
where if the question is about an actual merc problem, the silence is
deafening.
It seems like when the issue is user error, or boat rigging, etc, the
replies are active.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
thanks
bill

Bass Boat Central has the best and most friendly forum for this sort of
thing.
http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/

I have not gotten the best response on iboats in the past. Sometimes
somebody will help you and sometimes not.

Another option is Ten Killer Marine. Its a very limited forum, but all its
for is to ask questions about motors. The owner of Ten Killer Marine is a
decent Mercury mechanic and answers most questions personally. Of course
they hope to sell you any parts you might need, but that doesn't limit their
answering your questions.
http://www.tenkillermarine.com/boatp...orum/index.asp

Be very specific in your post and include all pertinent detail.

Year
Model
HP
Speeds and RPMs where you are noticing problems etc.
When and how you first noticed the problem.
Exactly what are the symptoms your are experiencing.
How has it progressed.

Personally I think you probably need to dissassemble, clean and rebuild your
carbs. The carb kits aren't that expensive and the guys at Ten Killer
Marine will be very helpful by e-mail or on the phone in making sure you get
the right kits.

For lots of experienced anglers and other shop the guys at Bass Boat Cnetral
are top notch in helping people.

--
Bob La Londe
http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Old November 20th, 2005, 02:31 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

I would go with BassBoatCentral.com also!