Would she have used that rod?

Old December 28th, 2007, 03:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
GlasshouseJohn

Default Would she have used that rod?

Could this lady have used that rod to land the 2 fish?

--
God Bless
John H

Old December 28th, 2007, 03:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"GlasshouseJohn" wrote in message
Could this lady have used that rod to land the 2 fish?

Sure, why not? That type of rod was very common for big game fish in that
era. Just because the equipment is different, it doesn't mean it wouldn't
work.

I remember when I first started musky fishing, a "good" musky rod was less
than five feet long and had all the action and weight of a pool cue.
Compare that to the equipment I'm using now and the rods are at minimum two
feet longer and probably one quarter the weight of the old school tackle.
Oddly enough, I caught fish on the old rods, but given the choice, I'll use
my new tackle every day.

The fish hooked to fish landed ration was probably much lower back then than
today, but there's no reason why it couldn't have worked. Take a look at
the equipment the famous author Zane Grey used to land numerous world record
marlin, it looked much the same.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old December 28th, 2007, 04:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Musashi

"GlasshouseJohn" wrote in message
Could this lady have used that rod to land the 2 fish?

--
God Bless
John H
Please remove your finger to reply personally

Yes I believe that it is possible.
Doesn't mean the photo wasn't posed, the rod not the one used, or even
if the woman actually caught those tarpon.
But the Rod and displayed fish are believable.

Old December 29th, 2007, 03:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Mike[_2_]

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in message

[...]

Any links or pictures of Z fishing?

Old December 29th, 2007, 05:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Mike" wrote in message
Any links or pictures of Z fishing?

http://www.keyshistory.org/artzanegrey.html

or

http://www.zgws.org/zgfishre.html

I'm sure there's more, but I found these in less than five minutes.
Old December 29th, 2007, 05:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
JamesRay[_2_]

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
:

"Mike" wrote in message
Any links or pictures of Z fishing?

http://www.keyshistory.org/artzanegrey.html

or

http://www.zgws.org/zgfishre.html

I'm sure there's more, but I found these in less than five minutes.

I'm sure you found your $pam in less than a micro-second StevieBoy!

Old December 29th, 2007, 06:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Mike[_2_]

"Mike" wrote in message
Any links or pictures of Z fishing?

http://www.keyshistory.org/artzanegrey.html

or
http://www.zgws.org/zgfishre.html

The Tuna pic was a good 1 Thanks

Old December 30th, 2007, 03:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Doug

Oh Thank GOD!!! We were starting to get worried about you James! Please
don't fall off the face of the earth or something, the internet needs you!

Old December 30th, 2007, 07:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
JamesRay[_2_]