Fishing sunglasses

Old June 23rd, 2005, 10:19 PM
Seismo

Default Fishing sunglasses

I can't justify spending the kind of money it takes to own a pair of
Costa Del Mar's or Maui Jim's, etc.
I'm thinking $20-30 tops (I have a tendency to lose sunglasses so I
never by expensive ones any more).
Any recommendations in this price range?

Old June 23rd, 2005, 10:39 PM
Thundercat

On 23 Jun 2005 14:19:24 -0700, "Seismo" wrote:

I can't justify spending the kind of money it takes to own a pair of
Costa Del Mar's or Maui Jim's, etc.
I'm thinking $20-30 tops (I have a tendency to lose sunglasses so I
never by expensive ones any more).
Any recommendations in this price range?

What I have found is that your tendency to lose shades is inversely
proportional to the amount of money paid for said shades.

Harry J aka Thundercat
Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
http://www.brooklynbillstackleshop.com
Share the knowledge, compete on execution.
Old June 24th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Bill McKee

I just bought a new pair of Bolle H2optics at Costco for $40. Even come
with a necklace with floats. And the necklace clips to the glasses with
fishing connectors. And are pretty nice glasses.

Old June 24th, 2005, 02:46 PM
Bob La Londe

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
link.net...
I just bought a new pair of Bolle H2optics at Costco for $40. Even come
with a necklace with floats. And the necklace clips to the glasses with
fishing connectors. And are pretty nice glasses.

I have looked at Bolle a couple times because Bgi % keeps putting them on
sale. The look ok, but they just don't seem to give that sharp contrast
(IMO) that other polaroids do. I do have a couple of pairs of nine dollar
Wal-MArt specials that seemt o do that better. They aren't as clear as my
Costas or my Mauis, but the polarization seem to work well.

--
Bob La Londe
http://www.YumaBassMan.com

Old June 24th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Seismo

Actually, I've always found it directly proportional rather than
inversely.
If I buy a $5 pair of sunglasses from wally world, they hang around
forever and actually last a long time (well, longer than you would
expect for 5 bucks).
If I spend more than say $20 on a pair, I either lose them or sit on
them within a few months.

Old June 25th, 2005, 05:04 AM
IMKen

Well, Bolle is made in France and that is enough for me to pass on them.
My 14.95 Wal-Mart Polarized glasses work very well. I have a pair of
Oakley's that I leave in the tackle box as spares as they are heavy and
uncomfortable. My son has a pair of Costa Del Mars and he complains about
their comfort. I found them to be easier to clean but not superior in
polarization nor clarity.

Ken

link.net...