"OK, how the hell did Sasha Baron Cohen get past youguys...oh...Muammar, er, how's it hangin'...?"

Old October 1st, 2009, 02:06 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Jon[_4_]

Default "OK, how the hell did Sasha Baron Cohen get past youguys...oh...Muammar, er, how's it hangin'...?"

On Sep 29, 2:29*pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

I don't know. Is Roman Polanski liberal or conservative ?

That's an open door for some dark humor but I think I'll pass. DaveS
is right on this one. If he were Joe Sixpack no one would be defending
him (nor should they). He drugged a child, kept her against her will,
and assaulted her. The guy deserves to be gone for a long time, no
matter what sort of deal he thought he made (and if a judge really
offered him such a sweet deal I'd say the deal itself would have been
a travesty of justice). In regards to the victim just wanting this to
all go away, there was a woman on NPR the other day, a rape victim
herself, who essentially said "Many of us just want it to go away, but
rape is not just a crime against the victim, it is a crime against the
state, and the state has its own interest in prosecuting the
defendant." I agree with her. He's been free for far too long.

Jon.
Old October 1st, 2009, 04:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

Jon wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
I don't know. Is Roman Polanski liberal or conservative ?

That's an open door for some dark humor but I think I'll pass. DaveS
is right on this one. If he were Joe Sixpack no one would be defending
him (nor should they). He drugged a child, kept her against her will,
and assaulted her. The guy deserves to be gone for a long time, no
matter what sort of deal he thought he made (and if a judge really
offered him such a sweet deal I'd say the deal itself would have been
a travesty of justice). In regards to the victim just wanting this to
all go away, there was a woman on NPR the other day, a rape victim
herself, who essentially said "Many of us just want it to go away, but
rape is not just a crime against the victim, it is a crime against the
state, and the state has its own interest in prosecuting the
defendant." I agree with her. He's been free for far too long.

Like I said to Ken Janik, I'm not defending Polanski's crime
only his decision to flee from a crooked court. And, you're
right, rape is not only a crime against the victim but a crime
against the state but likewise judicial misconduct is not only
an injustice to Polanski but a far bigger crime against all of
us and our justice system.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old October 4th, 2009, 04:16 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

horse****.

and the state has its own interest in prosecuting the
defendant."

Undoubtedly.

I agree with her.

Surprise!

He's been free for far too long.

Yep.

g.
who has not yet met a state that was sexually assaulted and then
forced to wait in mortal dread of discovering that it was pregnant and
hiv positive.
Old October 4th, 2009, 04:18 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

On Oct 1, 10:02*am, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
Jon wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
[...]

That's the crime he is being sought for, moron. So, yes, you are in
fact defending his crime.

Bull****. Yet another chapter in the imbeciles versus the cretins.

but likewise judicial misconduct is not only
an injustice to Polanski but a far bigger crime against all of
us and our justice system.

So swear out a complaint.

Idiot

Liar.