A thought on Obama's Nobel....

Old October 13th, 2009, 02:33 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Giles

Default A thought on Obama's Nobel....

On Oct 12, 3:50*pm, Ken Fortenberry
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
wrote:
One thing that I've not heard mentioned yet...
still more wingnut whining snipped
I know it must be terribly difficult for you but do try
to control your inner 13-year-old brat.

The guy didn't ask for the prize, he immediately issued
a statement saying he didn't deserve to be in the company
of past winners and that he was accepting the prize not
as an award for his accomplishments but as a call for
action.

Obama is a dignified, class act all the way around while
the jeers and whining from the wingnuts is anything but.

Grow up.

If it is an award he doesn't deserve, ...

Who said it was an award he doesn't deserve ?

Hint: There is a difference between not deserving to be in
the company of, and not deserving.

You sound like those folks who say ballplayers make too much
money. Fact is, if somebody is willing to pay you $2 mil a
year, you're worth $2 mil a year. And if the Norwegian Nobel
Committee is willing to award you a Peace Prize, you deserve
a Peace Prize.

Sounds like at least one illinesian twit thinks the "worth" and
"deserve" are synonymous.

"what's so "abusive," "wingnut," or even "wrong" with
suggesting that the money accompanying the prize be used to defray the cost of
him going and getting the something that he himself says really belongs to his
employers?

Suggest whatever silly wingnut thing you want to suggest.
I suggest he donate the whole $1.4 mil to ACORN.

Not that it matters much, but a boy can't help engaging in the
occasional bit of idle curiosity......just who do you children think
is interested in, or will take seriously, any of your suggestions?

g.