Oil/location report...

Old June 9th, 2010, 06:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

Default Oil/location report...

On 6-Jun-2010, wrote:

manent species damage. One analogy I've
heard is comparing it to a highly-localized deadly-disease epidemic - it's
really bad thing for those species members directly infected, but for
humans as
a species, it isn't threatening.

=====

I find this whole episode VERY VERY depressing!!!
It is definitely threating to the world and the human race!!!

It kind of ****es me off that the waters surrounding the US were opened for
more drilling, fairtly recent;y
We should have developed an alternate fuel source regardless of the
economics involved - YEARS ago
But
The economics involved upset the status quo

There is so much $$$ involved here that the powers that be (Obama or any
other politician) can and will do very little to rectify the situaton.

Democracy -???? I think not!
We are an oliarchy controlled by the very few and wealthy families (from all
countries)
Obama is as powerles here as he is in Iraq or Afghanistan.

War is great $$ for the few as is oil
Perhaps that is why we moved to MT??
Where very few trust the federal government !

Ditto here.

The only reason I still pay taxes (which line the pockets of a few at the
expense of all )
I do not want to go to jail nor would I ever put my family in jeopardy.
I have considered putting my taxes in an escrow account until ...?
As I want no part of money going to bombs and equipping American soldiers to
defend hteir lives to go in harm's way - For what??

Re escrow -Same penalty of jail
I believe Joan Baez did the same.

We live near Randy W (of Ruby Ridge)
I mention this because -, I repeat that I would never put my family in
jeopardy
Yet I will defend our land and family with all means possible

Being a proponent and true believer of global warming being accelerated by
human waste abnd greed.
I fear that we may have irreversbly harmed our planet

It would be nice if the US lived up to its bull**** platitudes and took the
lead in protecting our planet
I thought tyhat at least Obama would make some inroads
II was hoping that Obama , a man of color, would be able to approach some of
the world leaders on another level .
But
Unfortunately he is just another BS powerless self promotiing politico

Private armies, Iraq, Afghanistan , oil spills, $$$$$ , racism, religious
fanatics in the Mideast and the US
What a f'in world we live in!!!

I know that this has been said before by other generations
I am not optimistic about the planet , the US et all
I fear for the quality of life in my grandchildren's lifetime.
I would not want to be looking for awopork in this economy

In the meantime - I fish
At least I go to the same remote places - where the fish live
To hopefully forget all this crap.

Fred
Old June 10th, 2010, 12:54 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On Jun 9, 5:58*am, wrote:
On Wed, 09 Jun 2010 07:02:22 -0500, Ken Fortenberry

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
You described the President's interview on the Today show as
"Urkel goes gangsta". You're so casually and endemically racist
you can't even recognize it when you utter it on Usenet. Sad.

Well, Webster, I thought, ever so briefly, about "Lyle Alzado goes 'Swan Lake'"
but it didn't quite sound the same...again, explain how what I did say was
"racist"...if you can...

Like I said, sad.

Yeah, you SAID it, but apparently, you cannot EXPLAIN it...

HTH,

Many of your comments in question contain a sneering mockery of
African-Americans and the use of lightly coded deprecatory
comparisons, minimization and dehumanization of their experiences,
history and accomplishments.

For you it is cleaver humor, and to be fair it is pretty much how most
of us Whites talked about Blacks until a decade or two ago. Now your
kind of racist comments are pretty much restricted to informal
exchanges between male friends with a little booze for lubrication,
but even there this kind of talk is mostly unwelcome in educated White
circles, among military people, young people etc.. That kind of humor
is also considered archaic and boorish today in many White social
circles.

Why you do it? Who the hell knows. My own theory is it is an "edgy"
thing with you. For example, this "explain it to me" thing of yours,
etc.. Or maybe it's the set you travel with. I don't think it is a
particularly Southern thing, because I am old enough to know that
racism has been/is pretty heavy in the North (Less so in the West).
So, who knows why you do it. One thing is clear, you are certainly
smart enough to stop.

Old June 10th, 2010, 04:16 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
MajorOz

On Jun 8, 3:05*pm, DaveS wrote:
On Jun 8, 2:30*pm, MajorOz wrote:

On Jun 8, 2:17*pm, Ken Fortenberry

snip
...I mean, Urkel goes gangsta is not what _anyone_ needs right now....

And I suppose on your planet there is not a hint of racism stated or
implied in that idiotic comment. Am I right ?

Un-****in'-believable.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Could somebody please explain to me what the problem is with rdean's I
LIVE, WORK, AND PLAY THERE AND THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE TO ME
reporting on the spill.

Could the bitching be agenda-based............nah........not for
gentlemen fly fishers.

oz, a long way from the gulf

Fred
Read ALL his "reporting" on the spill since the beginning of the spill
and some of the fact checking on his early assertions and then maybe
you can decide on where the agenda's are. *Examples: RD led off
defending BP safety record when even the Republican Baker report after
the BP Texas City refinery blew up with numerous fatalities,
excoriated BP for their culture of unsafe operations. That was
followed by his citation of research on dispersant that conveniently
left out that tests had already shown that the dispersant favored by
BP was 60% as effective and 2-3 times as toxic as alternatives. People
get tired sorting the bull from the real.

There is stuff RD does know allot about. And there is other stuff that
just doesn't check out. Facts are terrible things for folks who seem
to believe everything is fungible and spinnable.

Dave

Thank you for an answer to the question without insulting the person
who asks it.

cheers

oz, wondering why some of these hateful people bother to get out of bed
Old June 10th, 2010, 03:52 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

MajorOz wrote:
DaveS wrote:
MajorOz wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
rdean wrote:
[...]

I intended no insult to you in my reply to your question. If you
took my reply as a personal insult I'll consider it an unintended
bonus.

You're welcome.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old June 11th, 2010, 02:47 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Wed, 09 Jun 2010 08:20:12 -0500, Ken Fortenberry

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
You described the President's interview on the Today show as
"Urkel goes gangsta". You're so casually and endemically racist
you can't even recognize it when you utter it on Usenet. Sad.

Well, Webster, I thought, ever so briefly, about "Lyle Alzado goes 'Swan Lake'"
but it didn't quite sound the same...again, explain how what I did say was
"racist"...if you can...

Like I said, sad.

Yeah, you SAID it, but apparently, you cannot EXPLAIN it...

I cannot explain it *TO YOU*. And that's related to something
else I've already said regarding casual and endemic.

I didn't ask that you explain it *TO ME* (or anyone in particular) - I asked
that you explain it. But OK, explain *YOUR REASONING* for finding the phrase
"Urkel goes gangsta" racist. And note that I did not describe the interview as
anything. What I did do, in general terms, is describe his "As soon as someone
tells me whose ass needs kicking, I'm going to kick it..." as "Urkel goes
gangsta."

You, Steve, and whoever else might find it disparaging, uncomplimentary, unfair,
inaccurate, etc. (and others may find it appropriate, accurate, fair, etc.), but
it isn't "racist," "sexist," "Anglophobic," etc.

HTH,
Old June 11th, 2010, 04:19 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

rdean wrote:
rw wrote:
rdean wrote:
I didn't ask that you explain it *TO ME* (or anyone in particular) - I asked
that you explain it. But OK, explain *YOUR REASONING* for finding the phrase
"Urkel goes gangsta" racist.

You used two African American stereotypes ("Urkel" and "gangsta")

...and _I'm_ a racist...?

Oh yeah, you're a racist.

You may think your shtick is clever and funny but it's just
rewarmed, age-old racism couched in modern jargon. Sad.

--
Ken Fortenberry