Up and back

Old July 20th, 2010, 03:23 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

Default Up and back

Frank Church wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Worst TR ever.

..I'll say "worst TR ever", sounds just like something I'd do Kenny, it
just aint happened yet. Watch your mailbox, that wayward wallet might show
up yet.

It very well could show up one of these days. There was no attempted
activity on any of the cards when I canceled them so that wallet
could still be lying by the side of the road in northern Wisconsin
somewhere. Now that I've replaced my drivers license and canceled
all the cards there's nothing of value in it anyway.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old July 20th, 2010, 05:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 12:12:34 -0500, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

I had a flat tire on the old fishing wagon just north of
Woodruff, Wisconsin on Hwy. 51. I pulled out the spare and
started to change the tire but soon figured out I wasn't
going to get the lug nuts off using the sorry little tool
that comes with the 1988 Volvo 240 wagon.

So I pull the AAA card out of the wallet, grab my phone,
put the wallet on the top of the car and proceed to wind
my way through AAA phone labyrinth hell. About that time
a good samaritan shows up with a T wrench and says he can
get the lug nuts off. I hang up on AAA, proceed to change
the tire and go on my merry way.

I pull into Bergland, Michigan about a quarter to six my
time, quarter to seven locally, and decide to fill up with
gas before I drive the last few miles up 64 toward the Porkies.
Remember that wallet on top of the car ? I wish to hell I
would have.

So I pay for the gas with cash and turn right around to go
look for the wallet. I walked miles of Hwy. 51 until it got
dark then got a room at the little motel closest to the scene
of the flat, paid cash, of course, and then settled in to watch
the All Star game.

Next morning I walk more miles of Hwy. 51, but no luck. Went
to the tire store in Woodruff and bought a new tire, paid cash,
of course, and took an accounting. No driver's license, no
credit cards, dwindling cash and 500 miles from home. (insert
foul language of choice ;-)

I called the Vilas county sheriff's office, described the
wallet etc., because I though having a police report on file
couldn't hurt if I got stopped by a trooper on the way home
and couldn't produce a license.

So, over a 1000 miles driven and I never wet a line.

Lessons learned;

Take more cash, WAY more cash than you think you'll need and
install the AAA Roadside Assistance app on the iPhone. (After
trying to navigate phone hell I thought there has to be an app
for this. There is.)

It was a leaky valve stem, I'd have been fine if I had noticed
the slow leak before I drove the tire to death.

Worst TR ever.

Well, gee, you'd think that if these friggin' iFruitphones were so smart, it'd
tell you that you left your wallet on the roof of the car...hell, I sorta
figured that ol' handJobs would know where each of his vict...er, "customers"
wallets was at ALL times...

There ought to be an app for that,
Old July 20th, 2010, 11:23 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

wrote:
[...]

Apple crushed on earnings today, blowing past even the most optimistic
street estimates.

App that.
Old July 20th, 2010, 11:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

wrote:
[...]

Apple crushed earnings today, blowing past even the most optimistic
street estimate.

App that.
Old July 21st, 2010, 03:43 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
MajorOz

wrote:
[...]

Amazing, ain't it.

Shows what trendiness can do.

cheers

oz, two cups and a string
Old July 21st, 2010, 03:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 15:23:22 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Jul 20, 10:31*am, wrote:

Well, gee, you'd think that if these friggin' iFruitphones were so smart, it'd
tell you that you left your wallet on the roof of the car...hell, I sorta
figured that ol' handJobs would know where each of his vict...er, "customers"
wallets was at ALL times...

There ought to be an app for that,

Apple crushed on earnings today, blowing past even the most optimistic
street estimates.

One word - "Enron."

App that.

App THAT.

....any company that charts like Apple and has a CEO that lies like Jobs is a
potential trainwreck for most but the insider assholes like handJobs...he is
nothing but a scam artist...

Hold it by the corners, put a lambskin on it, and stand on one foot - left foot
only - facing SSW to get a signal because, well, all, er, "smart"phones are that
way...and people actually fall for horse manure like that...it's a shame the
vict...er, customers aren't as smart as the phone is supposed to be...

You fruity types are like a fat sorority girl (or Obamaniacs, a surprisingly
overlapping group, I might add...)...you're so desperate you'll swallow anything
and gladly take it up the ass, as long as the lie you desperately want to
believe is being whispered in your ear...

HTH,

Old July 21st, 2010, 04:40 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

wrote:

On Jul 20, 10:31 am, wrote:

[...]

Actually, I'm quite happy with the millions of dollars Apple has made
for me. Thanks you very much, Steve Jobs.

Old July 21st, 2010, 07:40 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
D. LaCourse

On 2010-07-21 11:40:17 -0400, rw said:

Actually, I'm quite happy with the millions of dollars Apple has made
for me. Thanks you very much, Steve Jobs.

Amen!

Old July 21st, 2010, 10:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

wrote:

On Jul 20, 10:31 am, wrote:

[...]

Why do I have the distinct feeling that you really aren't...

IAC, what a heartwarming story...one brother, not very bright or sophisticated,
and with pretty poor social skills, goes on to do some pretty weird things...and
the smarter, more sophisticated and decent one wins the Medal of Honor, starts a
shrimp company, runs across the country and has a movie made about his life...

Some lives are like a box of chocolates and others are apparently like a box of
rotten plastic apples...that don't work properly...

HTH,
Old July 21st, 2010, 10:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

On 7/21/10 3:25 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 09:40:17 -0600, wrote:

wrote:

On Jul 20, 10:31 am, wrote:

[...]

Because you're a ridiculous fool?