Fishing Scotland

Old January 27th, 2004, 10:23 AM
Hooked

Default Fishing Scotland

"JR" wrote in message ...

Not to mention that most golf courses are small-scale environmental
disasters.

Oh. A golf course? No problem!!! We'll just fill in this here lake and
you'll have your course in no time. So long as you can line the local Army
Corps of Engineers pockets...

Old January 27th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Nogood Boyo

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 at 10:46:22 in rec.outdoors.fishing.fly Sandy wrote:
Hooked wrote:
"Greg Pavlov" wrote in message

A friend of mine owns a house on the Spey,
but she does not have the right to fish it:
someone else owns the fishing rights.

I do believe that I would have to get to know my neighbors real good.

Or is this "someone else" some sort of "Duke of Something" with a rod
up his ass?

Could be anybody. A previous owner of the house might have sold to
anyone. Or the owner of the land might have retained the rights when
selling the land to the person who built the house. Loads of
possibilities... A "duke or something" probably features somewhere..!

I think she probably has the right to fish it for trout if she owns the land
down to the bank as it is only the salmon/seatrout fishing that can be sold
seperately from the land.

As I said, the position in Scotland is different from that elsewhere in
the UK. In England and Wales there's no such distinction between trout
fishing and salmon / sea trout fishing.

--
Nogood Boyo
Old January 27th, 2004, 10:48 PM
Willi

Wolfgang wrote:

Wolfgang
who would like a detailed prospectus with photos, route maps, rescue
options, etc., if so.

We all know you're the original wild man, but photos and descriptions of
some of his exploits have been posted in the past.

Bruiser is a fun guy to fish with.

Willi

Old January 28th, 2004, 12:32 AM
Wolfgang

"Willi" wrote in message

We all know you're the original wild man,

Well, NOW we do. Frankly, I hadn't been aware of that. Oh, I'm not so
decrepit or jaded as to dismiss the prospect of a bit of adventure out of
hand but, till now, I never knew that I was any sort of wild man.

but photos and descriptions of
some of his exploits have been posted in the past.

I don't remember any specifics, but I do have a vague recollection of some
references......sounds kinda fun.

Bruiser is a fun guy to fish with.

I hope to be in a position to concur some day.

Wolfgang

Old January 28th, 2004, 01:19 AM
ezflyfisher

Greg Pavlov wrote:

Scott and I are more in far east / near midwest
territory and in general we run quite late behind
much of the rest of the country trend-wise.

greg, have ya heard about cortland 444 and the sage sp's yet? awesome
stuff bro.

wally

Old February 27th, 2004, 06:52 PM
jim bevan

I live in Glasgow and have fished most areas of Scotland , where are you
going and what are you fishing for trout or salmon. I am a trout man but I
can put you in touch with salmon info if required.

Jim
"Sandy" wrote in message
Michael McCaugherty wrote:
G'day,

There is the possibility that I may be in Scotland this May. Would
there be any advice out there about the possibility of wetting a line
in the land of Robbie Burns?

I am planning to give fly fishing a try this summer. Would taking an
inaugural fly fishing expedition in the highlands be asking too much?

Michael

Where do I start!!

When in May and where are you staying?

Try here for places to fish.

http://www.where-to-fish.com/content/2d.html

Click on the link below for the legal bit.

http://www.flyfish-scotland.com/scotslaw.htm

Now that we have got that out of the way it really isn't that difficult to
find free/cheap fishing as long as you know where to go. You mentioned the
highlands, I have a weeks camping/fishing trip to the highlands every year
in May, and it has never cost more than £100/$180us and that includes
travel.

I have fished Attadale, great if you don't mind the 13 mile walk to most

of
the lochs, which is free, Lochinver, £30 for a weeks fishing on approx.

150
lochs, Kilmelford, used to be £25 for the weeks fishing but may be higher
now, which has approx 20 lochs.

If you want to read more of these places go to my website and click on the
links in the navigation bar.

If you can supply me with a bit more information I may be able to put
something together for you, can't promise though

--
Don`t Worry, Be Happy

Sandy
--