Labor Day Fishing in Canada

Old March 21st, 2005, 08:52 PM
MB

Default Labor Day Fishing in Canada

Repeat of a previous post, but a lot more straightforward - I am looking for
a place to go fishing for trophy pike over the Labor Day weekend. That is,
flying in on Friday, 9/2/05, flying home on Monday, 9/5/05. Two solid days
of fishing, it is what it is when you live in NJ and want to fish in Canada.
It is just me, one person, no wife, no friends, no kids, just me. I don't
want to be penalized for coming to fish alone and charged any sort of single
occupancy fee because I can't sell the people around me on coming to Canada,
I want to be rewarded for coming solo. I don't care about accommodations so
long as they are clean. I don't care about fancy food so long as there is
some food (and it's clean . All I care about is getting off of a plane
and getting onto a boat with a qualified guide who can put me onto trophy
pike. I'd rather not lug my entire rod, reel and tackle ensemble to Canada,
but that sounds like the norm. I'd just assume use someone elses well
maintained and condition appropriate rod, reel and tackle, but whatever. I
don't mind prop or float planes, so long as they work. I don't mind driving
the last leg of the trip, so long as it is under 3 hours of driving. I'd
rather be there fishing first thing on Saturday, 9/3, two full days, not
flying up from some overnight in-transit destination to fish 1 1/2 days.
Again, trophy pike, not looking for bass or walleye (unless I'm eating the
latter while talking about the trophy pike that I just caught). Musky are
fine, but I can catch muskies here, I'm looking for trophy pike. Time is
running out, I am not getting a lot of good responses out of these
newsgroups, just spam, junk mail and probably some viruses. I need to book
something and soon. Please help!

Old March 22nd, 2005, 04:24 AM
garry

check out northern saskatchewan and don't just limit yourself to pike, go
for pickeral as well, we find them much more tasty then pike.

anywhere north of la ronge ( about 5 hours drive north of Saskatoon) we have
found has some awesome spots for large fish There are lots of cabins to rent
as well as guides that can take you out with all the rigging

a google search for fishing +la ronge should point you in the direction that
you want to go

lots of lake trout here as well

good luck

garry

. net...

Old March 22nd, 2005, 04:40 AM
Jim Howarth

Of course Garry means 'walleye' when he mentions `pickeral'. I don't know
why, but a lot of my fellow Canadians refer to 'walleye' as 'pickeral'.
Jim

"garry" slamsworldATsasktelDOTca wrote in message
check out northern saskatchewan and don't just limit yourself to pike, go
for pickeral as well, we find them much more tasty then pike.

anywhere north of la ronge ( about 5 hours drive north of Saskatoon) we
have
found has some awesome spots for large fish There are lots of cabins to
rent
as well as guides that can take you out with all the rigging

a google search for fishing +la ronge should point you in the direction
that
you want to go

lots of lake trout here as well

good luck

garry

. net...

Old March 22nd, 2005, 02:51 PM
MB

Garry:

Thanks for the quick response. A couple of points of clarification -- I
have no interest in eating pike, but I would be up for a walleye aka
pickerel fish fry for lunch, as a quick break to discuss the pike that I
just caught. Btw, out here we have chain pickerel, good fight. Second, can
you make any specific recommendations as to places, companies, any contacts
that I can start the process of lining up destinations, packages and prices
through? I need to get this moving and fast or there will be no trip this
year.

Thanks, MB

"garry" slamsworldATsasktelDOTca wrote in message
check out northern saskatchewan and don't just limit yourself to pike, go
for pickeral as well, we find them much more tasty then pike.

anywhere north of la ronge ( about 5 hours drive north of Saskatoon) we
have
found has some awesome spots for large fish There are lots of cabins to
rent
as well as guides that can take you out with all the rigging

a google search for fishing +la ronge should point you in the direction
that
you want to go

lots of lake trout here as well

good luck

garry

. net...

Old March 22nd, 2005, 02:57 PM
MB

Thanks, I've already got an e-mail into Kesagami for info and pricing.

"Peter Yi" wrote in message
www.kesagami.com

. net...

Old March 22nd, 2005, 05:42 PM
dan audet

http://www.noto.net/rufus/ check this place out as well. I grew up and
continue to fish this lake system. For walleye, with six of us in a boat, by
ten or eleven o'clock we are throwing walleye back because we all have our
limits. As well, the pike fishing is excellent. The locals on the lake
system are great for giving tips and a lot of them are seasonal residents.
Don't think that there are a lot of people with cabins or trailers, though.
If there are fifty on the entire lake system I would be surprised. They
cottage association there closed construction off a while back to prevent
overpopulation. Some cabins, you can't see the glow of light from the
neighbors because they are too far away.

There was a friend of mine who used to go by the name Lothar of the Hill
People who took the time to go up one year and was very happy with what he
got. Prices are good, fishing is great and the lands are amazingly pure.
The town of Kapuskasing has the closest airport being about an hour away,
but Rick (the owner/operator) would go pick you up if you wanted to drive
in. As well, he can cater to fly in areas.

This is the lake system my uncle Al landed a 32 pound pike when I was a kid.
My grandfather filleted it. Al was ****ed. Grampa took him out the next day
to somewhere "where the babys are not" and he came back with one just under
36lbs. Sadly, grampa died without sharing where he went and uncle Al still
isn't talking, but I can testify that when you are twelve and the pike is as
big as you are, well..... It's a great area and the fish are there. It's up
to you to find them.

Dan in the bush....
. net...

Old March 22nd, 2005, 09:34 PM
Deepwater

Make sure to include Gunisao lake in Northern Manitoba. Walleye, Pike and
Lakers. Great camp, very affordable. Fly in only
"MB" wrote in message
nk.net...
[...]

. net...

Old March 23rd, 2005, 01:10 AM
garry

Bob and Linda run a great operation just north of here and you can find
their contact information at

http://www.pvisuals.com/fishing/sask...l/b_and_l.html

there are lots of other outfitters here and a google search for "fishing +la
ronge" will give you loads to pick from

garry

"MB" wrote in message
[...]

. net...