new ownership, Hemlock Acres campground

Old April 25th, 2004, 11:51 PM
Tom Littleton

Default new ownership, Hemlock Acres campground

To all clave-bound souls, and those who fish the area around Penn's Creek:
Hemlock Acres was sold, this past Thursday, to a fellow from Wilmington, DE
whose first name is Rudy(don't know the last name yet). Steve and Cathy took
the money and departed, but not before carefully instructing Rudy to cater to
the fisherman(Steve pointed out that HE even bought us beer!!, I hope this
becomes a tradition). Time will tell, but this guy seems to mean well, and I
wish him well. He is looking forward to meeting the ROFF crew, and learning
a bit about fly fishing, trout fishing and the like.
Tom
Old April 26th, 2004, 12:43 AM
Frank Reid

To all clave-bound souls, and those who fish the area around Penn's Creek:
Hemlock Acres was sold, this past Thursday, to a fellow from Wilmington,

DE
whose first name is Rudy(don't know the last name yet).

Ding dong the witch is dead! Which old witch? The wicked witch.... Okay,
get LaCourse, its time for ralley racing round the dirt track oval!!!

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Old April 26th, 2004, 01:23 PM
Scott Seidman

"Frank Reid" wrote in
:

To all clave-bound souls, and those who fish the area around Penn's
Creek:
Hemlock Acres was sold, this past Thursday, to a fellow from
Wilmington,

DE
whose first name is Rudy(don't know the last name yet).

Ding dong the witch is dead! Which old witch? The wicked witch....
Okay, get LaCourse, its time for ralley racing round the dirt track
oval!!!

One way street?? We don't need no stinking one way street!!

I'll miss the owners. It was great how Steve (I think that was his name)
confessed to picking up that Maker's Mark I could no longer look at while
sharing a coffee pot as I broke camp. I told him to hold on to it!

Scott
Old April 26th, 2004, 01:47 PM
Gene C

"Frank Reid" wrote in message ...
To all clave-bound souls, and those who fish the area around Penn's Creek:
Hemlock Acres was sold, this past Thursday, to a fellow from Wilmington,

DE
whose first name is Rudy(don't know the last name yet).

Ding dong the witch is dead! Which old witch? The wicked witch.... Okay,
get LaCourse, its time for ralley racing round the dirt track oval!!!

Now Frank! When I first met Steve and Kathy I too thought they might
be a little much, perhaps too obsessive. I even heard a story where
Steve chased a visitor to collect a dollar. Well, here's another
story and Tom might have others. I left my camera in my trailer last
fall. I called Steve and Kathy and asked them to retrieve it, pack it
and ship it to me. I offered to pay them for their time and hassle.
They would not accept anything more than the mailing costs.
Old April 26th, 2004, 03:32 PM
Frank Reid

Now Frank! When I first met Steve and Kathy I too thought they might
be a little much, perhaps too obsessive. I even heard a story where
Steve chased a visitor to collect a dollar. Well, here's another
story and Tom might have others. I left my camera in my trailer last
fall. I called Steve and Kathy and asked them to retrieve it, pack it
and ship it to me. I offered to pay them for their time and hassle.
They would not accept anything more than the mailing costs.

I know, I shouldn't be that hard. Its tough running a small business
and one can easily get a bit obsessive. Kathy and I just never saw
eye-to-eye.

--
Frank Reid
Reverse Email to reply

Old April 26th, 2004, 10:11 PM
Tom Littleton

Bill Claspy asks:
Will those of us staying at Hemlock need to contact the new owner, or will
we be safe simply showing up?

if you have reservations with Cathy, Rudy has all the paperwork. If you are
tenting, just show up....I am thinking of seeing if we can get the tenters into
the upper meadow near Clave Central Trailer.

I will be arriving on Saturday afternoon, 5/15. Will you and the Handyman
(or anyone else for that matter) be in situ by then?

Mike and I will be fishing by then...
Tom