not much action

Old November 26th, 2003, 03:14 PM
Rivers North

Default not much action

I live within twenty minutes of at least five rivers... and in season I have
my boat tied up in front of my house...peace gord p

Old November 27th, 2003, 02:42 AM
Gone Angling

Do you need a big boat to navigate those rivers. I saw on TV where they were
using a jet boat to go up the Skeena River.

Old November 27th, 2003, 03:11 PM
Rivers North

Well I ran this river for the first ten years or so with a Zodiac with a
35hp motor with a propeller...I wouldn't recommend a 12ft boat with a 9.9
motor...but anything bigger and with at least a 20 hp motor and you should
be fine...The Skeena like any river will swallow you whole if you
screw-up...come prepared and your trip will be great ...the river is on a
high cycle of returns... the runs should be good now for the next 8-9
years..I know this year the only run that wasn't really great was the
Sockeye...but they are suppose to have a high return again next year...If
you are thinking about making a trip out here I would recommend that you
take in a days ocean fishing...it's only an hours drive from Terrace to
Prince Rupert where you can get some great Halibut,cod and Salmon
action....peace gord p

Old November 28th, 2003, 09:18 PM
Rock Wolf

"Rivers North" wrote in message news:J6Mwb.19754$oN2.18917@edtnps84...
.between April 's early Kings to June's Coho, to July's
Kings,

If you mean Spring Salmon then say so-Canadians don't use the word
K*** for Oncorhynchus Tshawytcha

Sam Salmon should know that the first people's word for Oncorhynchus
Tshawytcha is Tyee... which translated means King....

There is no precise translation for the flexible "Chinook Jargon"
word, tyee. Tyee comes: "From the Nootkan or Wakashan languages of
Vancouver Island, meaning a chief, boss, leader, or anything large or
superior of its kind." {Kenneth (Greg) Watson}

A large salmon would certainly be a tyee salmon, and changing that to
king salmon is not wrong, but it is not a translation, nor more
precise than changing it to chief salmon, or as precise as leaving it
as tyee.
Old November 28th, 2003, 11:21 PM
vb

La Barons

"Gone Angling" wrote in message
Does anybody know where suick lures are sold?