In activity

Old February 7th, 2004, 10:58 PM
Gord

Default In activity

"Zipper" wrote in message
Well there's an informative reply!
"fish anywhere in the area"?
I think the fellow was asking for moredetails of a specific area!
Not just "anywhere"
Sort of the other fellow looking for specific areas on lake Ontario and
getting the reply "anywhere"
DUH!

Basically Duh Ya. It's fairly good fishing in that area in other words. Rent
a cabin and go out the front door down to the beach. Stand on a dock, a
bridge, drink all the beer, unplug the thing haul it down to the water and
stand on the fridge. Anyway you want to do this thing.

Lake Ontario hum. I have seen people casting off Cherry Beach in Toronto. So
what's the difference. In any part of the Great Lakes system one will find
fish. And usually in all the usual spots, off river or creek mouths or dams
or off the reeds. Shoals if you have the water maps. All this is a no
brainer.

Lake Ontario though I would go charter boat. Thats a really good lake trout
lake but one needs the equipment, finders and down riggers and the like to
really improve your chances they are about 50' down just under the
thermocline.

And the problem is that I go to a certain trout spot on this quiet northern
lake just yards from a minor urban area and in the early morning in mid
spring and catch a brookie usually one to two in weight. But once I do that,
the fishing spot is no damn good til next spawning run. And since it is like
that, you gotta be out of your cotton picking head if I am going to tell
anyone.

A good part of the skill and adventure in fishing is finding those spots for
yourself or actually go with a person. It is a good area to go, end of
story.

I would like you to note that this guy did not invite, the word is INVITE,
anyone else, to show them the shoals. Not even a guide. When I go to a new
area, I invite a local fisherman for company as part of the strategy for
short cutting the system. When going to fish in the Pacific even Cook
invited the natives alrighty. Now..he didn't even invite you by the way, the
great defender here, that wasn't lost on anyone ))

Old February 8th, 2004, 12:24 AM
ZEKE

Well I won't divulge any of my secret places on Lake Ontario or in the
Muskokas near the cottage either,unless you're willing to trade
"Gord" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...

Old February 9th, 2004, 01:33 AM
Gord

"ZEKE" wrote in message
. ..
Well I won't divulge any of my secret places on Lake Ontario or in the
Muskokas near the cottage either,unless you're willing to trade

Yah sure. Neither one of us would swear it on the bible either.