Trout fishing - 14 footer too small?

Old April 1st, 2004, 04:27 PM
Home Newbie

Default Trout fishing - 14 footer too small?

I bought a used 14 footer last year and I only fished for bass most of the
time. I want to try to fish Trout this Spring, but I heard that Trout are in
deeper water, will my 14' be able to handle the rough wave? because I went
to lake simcoe last year.. the water was rough... it was pretty scary.

Any place for Trout fishing in Toronto and area? suggestions? Thanks ..

Fishing Newbie

Old April 1st, 2004, 09:47 PM
Lloyd Sumpter

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 15:27:30 +0000, Home Newbie wrote:

I bought a used 14 footer last year and I only fished for bass most of the
time. I want to try to fish Trout this Spring, but I heard that Trout are in
deeper water, will my 14' be able to handle the rough wave? because I went
to lake simcoe last year.. the water was rough... it was pretty scary.

Any place for Trout fishing in Toronto and area? suggestions? Thanks ..

Fishing Newbie

I don't know about Ontario, but the "big" boat I use for trout fishing is
a 12-ft alum. skiff with 9.9 outboard. The smaller one is a "3-person"
inflatable SeaHawk I put on the back of my motorbike.

Now, for Salmon in the chuck I use a 36-ft sailboat...

Lloyd Sumpter
"The Tin Boat" Mirrocraft 12: http://www.user.dccnet.com/lsumpter/Skeeter/

Old April 2nd, 2004, 03:18 AM
Bryan Vranes

Uhhh Hold......... You haven't been up north then from the sounds of it.
Colorado? Don't think so........

Old April 2nd, 2004, 04:29 AM
countertroll

L.S.Lamey wrote:

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 15:27:30 GMT, "Home Newbie"
wrote:

I bought a used 14 footer last year and I only fished for bass most of the
time. I want to try to fish Trout this Spring, but I heard that Trout are
in
deeper water, will my 14' be able to handle the rough wave? because I
went to lake simcoe last year.. the water was rough... it was pretty
scary.

Any place for Trout fishing in Toronto and area? suggestions? Thanks ..

Fishing Newbie

The best trout fishing is in Colorado. And that's all I got to say
about that.

wrong, it's in west virigina.
Old April 2nd, 2004, 01:01 PM
Charles T. Low

It's hard to know how to answer Fishing Newbie's question. Some small boats
can take big water, but generally when they get into trouble, it can be bad
trouble. And it isn't always the size of the waves which matters, it's the
character of the waves. And it isn't the distance to shore, in terms of
saftey, it's the distance to refuge (port, harbour). The shore itself can be
the enemy.

Specifically, I haven't boated Lake Simcoe, but the stories are legion about
it blowing up suddenly and very, very hard. I would be very cautious there.

It isnt' always just the boat, it's also the boater. A friend of mine,
caught in big waves on Lake Ontario, was surprised to see an 18 footer zoom
by her big cruiser as she was slogging it towards "refuge" - he didn't look
up or wave or seem perturbed - just kept on going.

Joshua Slocum "hove to" in his boat, Spray, while bigger ships were pounding
through in heavy weather. Of course, his was still a 36 foot, enclosed boat.
But some small boats will ride up and down the waves while bigger ones crash
through them.

Sorry not to have a yes or no answer for Fishing Newbie. If in doubt, the
answer is no.

====

Charles T. Low
- remove "UN"
www.boatdocking.com/BDPhoto.html - Photo Contest
www.boatdocking.com
www.ctlow.ca/Trojan26 - my boat

====

news

Old April 2nd, 2004, 02:59 PM
none

now you settle down Lamer..."WE" are not at all like you portray. Your
issue is with one person..leave it that way.
rick

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 03:34:32 GMT, L.S.Lamey wrote:

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 02:18:01 GMT, "Bryan Vranes"
wrote:

Uhhh Hold......... You haven't been up north then from the sounds of it.
Colorado? Don't think so........

Kanada has nothing, You all do nothing but argue amongst yourselves
over politics and allow terrorists into your country.

Salmon maybe, but who wants that. Colorado in the good old USA is the
best trout fishing in the world.

Old April 2nd, 2004, 04:46 PM
Jean Dufour

Stop fueling this troll and report him as I did.

Jean

Please, take action toward this spammer/troll subscribing to your service.
Thank you.

.com
Path:news20.bellglobal.com!nf1.bellglobal.com!nf3. bellglobal.com!snoopy.risq.qc.ca!in.100proofnews.c om!in.100proofnews.com!news.maxwell.syr.edu!newsfe ed-west.nntpserver.com!hub1.meganetnews.com!newsfeed-east.nntpserver.com!nntpserver.com!news.teranews.c om!not-for-mail

Date:Fri, 02 Apr 2004 14:17:29 GMT
Lines:9
From:L.S.Lamey
Newsgroups:can.rec.boating, can.rec.fishing, alt.troll
Subject: Trout fishing - 14 footer too small?
Organization:There are three types of people in this world. Ones that can
count, and those that can't.
ers.com

X-Newsreader:Forte Agent 2.0/32.646
X-No-Archive:yes
MIME-Version:1.0
Xref:nf1.bellglobal.com can.rec.boating:13904 can.rec.fishing:24850
alt.troll:200858

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 09:59:22 -0400, none
wrote:

now you settle down Lamer..."WE" are not at all like you portray. Your
issue is with one person..leave it that way.
rick

Nope, all you kanadians are pretty much the same, lazy,stupid,
cowards...The list goes on and on.

Old April 2nd, 2004, 05:23 PM
Don White

Default NetKop alert

L.S.Lamey wrote in message
The french are to stupid to know how to netkop.

That's spelled 'too' dipstick.

Old April 2nd, 2004, 06:00 PM
none

well,,,I can't say i didn't try...Fortunately for me, i have traveled
enough to know you are not representavie Americans, it is a personal
detribute.... few people like you cross all cultural and national
boundries
Have a good day...eh.
rick

snip....

Old April 2nd, 2004, 06:03 PM
none

I would attemopt to explain to him where he is deficiant..but i will have
to get into a grade3 mode and that is harder than having an intelectual
conversation with an adult....too much troubole to bother with you
PLUNK...SLAM.WOOOSH!

On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 16:06:11 GMT, L.S.Lamey wrote:
SNIP...
The french are to stupid to know how to netkop.