IFAW - Saving Harp Seals

Old April 28th, 2004, 03:03 PM
pearl

Default IFAW - Saving Harp Seals

"Bryan" wrote in message
. rogers.com...
Sigh.......
Amusing watching the when Harry met Sally post. Here's an idea, why
don't both of you go to McDonalds.....one orders the BigMac combo with a
coke, the other a salad and bottled water. Step two would be to consume your
meals and enjoy each others silence (for a change). Step three would be to
ponder the sad truth........meat or vegetables.....the **** all ends up in
the same place.

B :-\

Funny thing is, the other two are both vegans. One ('usual suspect')
for his 'athletic performance', the other ('ipse dixit') because of a
professed belief in animal rights. Both detest me, -but not only me-,
for reasons best known to them. IMO, they both detest themselves
deep down, and part-justifiably so, but instead of sorting it out attack
others. "All cruelty springs from weakness." (Seneca, 4BC-AD65).

Old April 28th, 2004, 05:00 PM
usual suspect

pearl wrote:
*Entirely* irrelevant to the issue at hand. Stop moving goalposts, you nasty
foot-fetishist.

Temper, temper.

My temper is under control. I laugh at you, I don't lose my cool.

You lie.

No, silly woman, I really do laugh at you.

You tried to move the goalposts, but they
were just too heavy for you.

No, Lesley, I showed your misuse of the studies you cite. I can show you fat
veg-ns and thin meat-eaters. It has nothing to do with your points taken from
the SDA study. As Derek has also rightly shown, SDAs are not merely vegetarian.
Their lifestyles encompass factors far beyond the scope of the studies you've
(mis)used to make points.

Nope.

Yep.

You tried to argue that obesity is linked to prostate cancer,

I showed that obesity is the primary factor contributing to prostate cancer and
other cancers.

ignoring the meat aspect,

I didn't ignore it, I pointed out that HIGH CONSUMPTION of foods with saturated
fat was noted as a factor in your study. You stupidly but conveniently ignored
(a) that the group with the highest mortality rate were already overweight and
(b) that their consumption wasn't moderate or average.

then I showed you that meat eaters were
four times more likely to be obese.

That wasn't a scientific survey.

IDIOT.

Whore.

hahaha. BTW, thanks for this;

'Suggestive positive associations were also seen between fatal
prostate cancer and the consumption of milk, cheese, eggs, and
meat. There was an orderly dose- response between each of
the four animal products and risk. The predicted relative risk of
fatal prostate cancer was 3.6 for those who heavily consumed
all four animal products.'

Pay attention: those surveyed in that study were OBESE and they HEAVILY consumed
those products. Both factors -- obesity and level of consumption -- are notable.

Both factors in their own right, not together.

Yes, together.

What a tired ploy.

I know you don't comprehend science, which is why you rub feet for a living.
Stop trying to play like you understand what you're posting; the only person
you're fooling is yourself.

Not so useless, after all. Rah.

I'm not, but you sure are.

You're beneath contempt,

Just yours, moron.

murderous fool.

I've never murdered anyone. As for the other part of your ad hominem, pot kettle
black.

Old April 28th, 2004, 05:07 PM
usual suspect

pearl wrote:
..

One of my cats is a foot-fetishist.

Is its name Tango?

FTR, I'm not.

Liar. You make money playing with feet.

You're the liar,

No, ma'am. You make money playing with feet. Want me to go back through all your
posts about that again?

twisted pervert.

I'm neither twisted nor perverted.

I am a qualified health-care provider.

Bwahahaha! You're certifiable, that's for sure. Rubbing feet isn't health care.
Neither is hooking people up to bogus devices like your Zapper.

Old April 28th, 2004, 05:12 PM
usual suspect

pearl wrote:
Sigh.......
Amusing watching the when Harry met Sally post. Here's an idea, why
don't both of you go to McDonalds.....one orders the BigMac combo with a
coke, the other a salad and bottled water. Step two would be to consume your
meals and enjoy each others silence (for a change). Step three would be to
ponder the sad truth........meat or vegetables.....the **** all ends up in
the same place.

Funny thing is, the other two are both vegans.

Stop calling me that. I'm vegetarian.

One ('usual suspect')
for his 'athletic performance', the other ('ipse dixit') because of a
professed belief in animal rights. Both detest me, -but not only me-,
for reasons best known to them.

I don't detest you, Lesley. You amuse me when you make your fantastic posts about:
"veganism"
"inner earth beings"
"hollow earth"
that goofy patent for a MANUFACTURED globe
helium-inflated number(s) for feed:beef
rain forest destruction
Brazil's exports (based on *Argentina's* trade)
Stolen French flying saucer
Zapper
Foot massage (as cure-all)
Astrology
Numerology
Alien abduction
bestiality
Leprechauns
Channeling
Polar fountains
Sun gazing
Chemtrails
AIDS and ebola conspiracy theory
Crop circles
sexually aroused by violent ex-convicts
participation in skinhead subculture
the validity of online IQ tests
crackpot 9-11 conspiracy theories
Jeff Rense for "news"

IMO, they both detest themselves

No self-hatred here.

deep down, and part-justifiably so, but instead of sorting it out attack
others. "All cruelty springs from weakness." (Seneca, 4BC-AD65).

Seneca never met you. Neither did Will Rogers.

Old April 28th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Paul Rooney

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 16:12:18 GMT, usual suspect
wrote:

I don't detest you, Lesley.

I'm sure that's a line from a '60s song.

--

Paul

My Lake District walking site:

http://paulrooney.netfirms.com
Old April 28th, 2004, 08:47 PM
Ron

"rick etter" wrote in message nk.net...
"pearl" wrote in message
"Terry Crawford" wrote in message

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 23:21:18 GMT, "rick etter"
wrote:

"Terry Crawford" wrote in message
On 21 Apr 2004 15:08:27 -0700, (William J.
Wolfe) wrote:

"pearl" wrote in message

- Interesting that you should feel a need to point that out. ..

remainder of rant deleted to conserve electrons

And the point of your ravings is ...?

Eat meat, die young(er) and leave the world to the meek.
==================
Only problem is that isn't the case. The longest lived people as a

group in
the world are not vegans. Kinda screws the whole vegan rant, doesnt

it?

Damn. OK, steak tonight with a nice big Cabernet Suauvignon. MMMmmmm.

Actually, the people etter, our dietary wizardness, was referring to
are vegetarians. That's right,- vegetarian Seventh-day Adventists.
Longevity of the vegan sub-set wasn't studied seperately, afaIa, but
other epidemiological (study of populations) research shows that
vegans are less at risk of chronic disease than lacto-ovo vegetarians.
Kind of really screws the whole meatarian rant, doesn't it, eh etter?

====================

Not at all, fool. You should learn to read real things instead of your
propaganda. The longest lived groups of people are not vegan, period.
Your whole religion is still just smoke and mirrors, killer.

"read real things"? Such as what etter? Field mouse stuff?

pEtter, have you ever had your head examined?
Old April 29th, 2004, 11:03 AM
pearl

"usual suspect" wrote in message ...
pearl wrote:
*Entirely* irrelevant to the issue at hand. Stop moving goalposts, you nasty
foot-fetishist.

Temper, temper.

My temper is under control. I laugh at you, I don't lose my cool.

You lie.

No, silly woman, I really do laugh at you.

Only because you're a fool.

You tried to move the goalposts, but they
were just too heavy for you.

No, Lesley, I showed your misuse of the studies you cite. I can show you fat
veg-ns and thin meat-eaters. It has nothing to do with your points taken from
the SDA study. As Derek has also rightly shown, SDAs are not merely vegetarian.
Their lifestyles encompass factors far beyond the scope of the studies you've
(mis)used to make points.

Nope.

Yep.

BS.

You tried to argue that obesity is linked to prostate cancer,

I showed that obesity is the primary factor contributing to prostate cancer and
other cancers.

'primary' now, is it? Let's see;

Diet, obesity, and risk of fatal prostate cancer
DA Snowdon, RL Phillips and W Choi

Findings described in this report are for 6,763 white male Seventh-day
Adventists who completed a dietary questionnaire in 1960. Between
1960 and 1980 mortality data were collected on cohort members.
Overweight men had a significantly higher risk of fatal prostate cancer
than men near their desirable weight. *The predicted relative risk of
fatal prostate cancer was 2.5 for overweight men*. Suggestive positive
associations were *also* seen between fatal prostate cancer and the
consumption of milk, cheese, eggs, and meat. There was an orderly
dose- response between each of the four animal products and risk.
*The predicted relative risk of fatal prostate cancer was 3.6 for those
who heavily consumed all four animal products.* The results of this study
and others suggest that animal product consumption and obesity may be
risk factors for fatal prostate cancer.
http://aje.oupjournals.org/cgi/conte...ract/120/2/244
*emphasis mine

Looks like animal product consumption is the primary factor
contributing to fatal prostate cancer, particularly as meat eating
is also associated with obesity.

ignoring the meat aspect,

I didn't ignore it,

You scrawled;
"Same survey, same researchers. Compare these findings to other
studies of *OVERWEIGHT* study participants. *Obesity* kills,"

I pointed out that HIGH CONSUMPTION of foods with saturated
fat was noted as a factor in your study.

Not only.

'Suggestive positive associations were also seen between fatal prostate
cancer and the consumption of milk, cheese, eggs, and meat. *There was
an orderly dose- response between each of the four animal products and
risk.* The predicted relative risk of fatal prostate cancer was 3.6 for those
who heavily consumed all four animal products. The results of this study
and others suggest that animal product consumption and obesity may be
risk factors for fatal prostate cancer.
http://aje.oupjournals.org/cgi/conte...ract/120/2/244
*emphasis mine

You stupidly but conveniently ignored
(a) that the group with the highest mortality rate were already overweight and

Show us where you read that.

(b) that their consumption wasn't moderate or average.

That'd be correct.

then I showed you that meat eaters were
four times more likely to be obese.

That wasn't a scientific survey.

Of course it was.

IDIOT.

Whore.

Liar.

hahaha. BTW, thanks for this;

'Suggestive positive associations were also seen between fatal
prostate cancer and the consumption of milk, cheese, eggs, and
meat. There was an orderly dose- response between each of
the four animal products and risk. The predicted relative risk of
fatal prostate cancer was 3.6 for those who heavily consumed
all four animal products.'

Pay attention: those surveyed in that study were OBESE and they HEAVILY consumed
those products. Both factors -- obesity and level of consumption -- are notable.

Both factors in their own right, not together.

Yes, together.

No, not together.

What a tired ploy.

I know you don't comprehend science, which is why you rub feet for a living.
Stop trying to play like you understand what you're posting; the only person
you're fooling is yourself.

You wish. You aint got a clue- still.

Not so useless, after all. Rah.

I'm not, but you sure are.

You're beneath contempt,

Just yours, moron.

murderous fool.

I've never murdered anyone. As for the other part of your ad hominem, pot kettle
black.

Idiot child- you support WAR.

Old April 29th, 2004, 11:03 AM
pearl

"usual suspect" wrote in message ...
pearl wrote:
..

One of my cats is a foot-fetishist.

Is its name Tango?

FTR, I'm not.

Liar. You make money playing with feet.

You're the liar,

No, ma'am.

You know it, twister.

You make money playing with feet.

Repeating your fantasy again won't make it any truer.

Want me to go back through all your
posts about that again?

You want to make an -even- bigger fool of yourself?

Be my guest.

twisted pervert.

I'm neither twisted nor perverted.

You're both, and a liar, timewaster.