Seal hunt begins; IFAW bears witness

Old April 18th, 2004, 09:35 PM
Invective

Default Seal hunt begins; IFAW bears witness

"pearl" wrote in message
"Tim" wrote in message

So, would you be happy if they killed them the same way they kill cows?

No, indeed not. Most 'livestock' suffers considerably up to, and also
at slaughter. As you can see, this has been addressed elsewhere..

So stop eating, you dumb limey.

Old April 18th, 2004, 09:42 PM
Invective

"pearl" wrote in message
Harp seals and Cod
Questions and Answers

Oh spare us your bull****. Five millions seals don't have an effect on fish
stocks? What do you think they eat, seaweed?
A full grown seal can swallow 30 pounds of fish every day. How much fish do
you think 150 MILLION pounds a day is?

Oh, but the fish aren't cute, and don't have big brown eyes, and aren' furry
and cuuuuuuutte.

Bloody phony British animal lovers. You've hunted every single animal
bigger than a badger to extermination and now *you're* trying to lecture
*us* on taking care of animals?

Old April 18th, 2004, 09:47 PM
KrakAttiK

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 20:42:22 GMT, "Invective"
wrote:

"pearl" wrote in message
Harp seals and Cod
Questions and Answers

Oh spare us your bull****. Five millions seals don't have an effect on fish
stocks? What do you think they eat, seaweed?
A full grown seal can swallow 30 pounds of fish every day. How much fish do
you think 150 MILLION pounds a day is?

Shame your simple mind doesn't connect over fishing with the decline.
Then you are clearly a buttwipe so go figure.

Oh, but the fish aren't cute, and don't have big brown eyes, and aren' furry
and cuuuuuuutte.

I don't know I think they are.

Bloody phony British animal lovers. You've hunted every single animal
bigger than a badger to extermination and now *you're* trying to lecture
*us* on taking care of animals?

Because you're too stupid to understand compassion. Do you live in the
woods, when was the last time you met another human, have you ever?

And anyway people like you just need a kick up the arse.

Cheerio

--
To avoid grizzlies, the Alaska Department of Fish & Game advises hikers
to wear noisy little bells on clothes and carry pepper spray. Also watch
Old April 18th, 2004, 11:11 PM
Tim

pearl wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message ...

So, would you be happy if they killed them the same way they kill cows?

No, indeed not. Most 'livestock' suffers considerably up to, and also
at slaughter. As you can see, this has been addressed elsewhere..

So then we should be boycotting every nation that slaughters cows as well?

Comment
From Jim Harrington
4-15-4
http://rense.com/general51/slscmm.htm

To those who have had their eyes and hearts opened by the seal hunt,
as a volunteer for my local Humane Society, I just want to assure them
that many, many people have worked on this issue over many years.
There is a growing push in the media towards fur fashion again, and an
expert on the fur issue reassures me that it is the gasping of a dying
industry. However, for those who are truly sickened by this treatment
of animals, there are many, many unseen atrocities being committed
that are blacked out by the media. Most notably in the meat industry.

Factory farming is one of the most horrifying practices that humanity
has come up with in recent decades. This last week we in British
Columbia have witnessed the slaughter of 19 million farm birds
because a few have exhibited signs of the flu. Several humans came
down with sore eyes and runny noses, and so 19 million birds were
slaughtered. The birds must be replaced quickly, to meet consumer
needs. Big opposition is occuring as no one wants the corpses
disposed in 'their back yard'. As with the heaping charred bodies
of cattle in Britain during the mad cow crisis (brought on by feeding
cattle parts to cattle) I wondered, WHERE IS THE OPPOSITION
to the 'cull'. The careless mass 'disposal' of another species made
sick by our own farming practices. In Asia recently, these ill and
healthy birds alike were violently grabbed and crammed mercilessly
into bags to be buried alive en masse. Shown repeatedly on
mainstream news.

There are many websites available to educate ourselves on the
inhuman treatment of animals. Factory farming is no less horrible
than the seal hunt. If we are truly affected by the mindset of a person
clubbing a seal to death with a pick, let us make each other aware
that this issue is but a speck on the radar. That our barbeques and
frying pans contain the results of no less brutal acts. ..'
http://rense.com/general51/slscmm.htm

I'll be happy when animals aren't killed at all, at least not
avoidably, without really very good reason,- i.e. survival.

Native Wisdom;

'The Circle of Life includes all plants, animals, fish, birds, insects,
humans. The only aspect of the circle that is not essential to life
is the human aspect "I mentioned the sacred circle of life. If you
can imagine a circle, in that circle are the people, plants, animals,
birds, fish, and insects. The Native belief is that if you damage
anything within that sacred circle of life, eventually you damage
yourself. If you take any one of those items, animals, out of the
sacred circle of life--everything would die. If you take out the
insects, eventually everything will die. If you take out the plants,
eventually everything will die. If you take out the fish, eventually
everything will die. What would happen if you take the humans
out of the sacred circle of life? What would happen then?
Nothing. We are the least important in that sacred circle of life.
The ancient beliefs are that we were the last to come along. The
animals, plants, fish, birds and insects didn't depend on us. Our
lives depend on a harmonious relationship with everything within
the sacred circle of life. That's the basis of Native spirituality.
It's not a worship of animals. It is a relationship, a strong feeling
with the natural world." Butch Phillips, Penobscot Indian Nation.'

http://www.nativescience.org/assets/...PlanWRKSHP.pdf

Old April 19th, 2004, 12:39 AM
pearl

"Tim" wrote in message .. .
pearl wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message ...

So, would you be happy if they killed them the same way they kill cows?

No, indeed not. Most 'livestock' suffers considerably up to, and also
at slaughter. As you can see, this has been addressed elsewhere..

So then we should be boycotting every nation that slaughters cows as well?

The massive reaction against the seal killing is mostly because it
is _extremely_ cruel-, and carried out on a massive scale too.
Many seals suffer in indescribably awful ways, and such scenes
have been put into full public view this year. Faced with images
of extreme cruelty, people have been badly shocked and then
outraged, and that is, understandably, directed at the country
that carries out this horror. Were the realities of 'meat production'
made public in a similar manner, I think that most people would
be similarly compelled to oppose that, and would be boycotting
the meat industry by abstaining from meat - especially when
properly informed with the facts about nutrition- that we're not
a naturally carnivorous species anyway.. (clue: we're primates).

..

Old April 19th, 2004, 01:23 AM
pearl

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...nguage=printer

Old April 19th, 2004, 01:24 AM
pearl

http://www.iol.ie/~creature/BiologicalAdaptations.htm

Old April 19th, 2004, 02:31 AM
Olaf Timandahaff

The game never ends, when, KrakAttiK 's
whole world depends, on the turn of a friendly card:

wrote:

"pearl" wrote in message
Harp seals and Cod
Questions and Answers

Oh spare us your bull****. Five millions seals don't have an effect on fish
stocks? What do you think they eat, seaweed?
A full grown seal can swallow 30 pounds of fish every day. How much fish do
you think 150 MILLION pounds a day is?

Shame your simple mind doesn't connect over fishing with the decline.
Then you are clearly a buttwipe so go figure.

See what happens?
You loutish Europeans sucked up all our cod with your factory ships.
Nothing but seal left to eat now.

Oh, but the fish aren't cute, and don't have big brown eyes, and aren' furry
and cuuuuuuutte.

I don't know I think they are.

I like to suck trout brains out through the eye socket, I think that's
cute.

Bloody phony British animal lovers. You've hunted every single animal
bigger than a badger to extermination and now *you're* trying to lecture
*us* on taking care of animals?

Because you're too stupid to understand compassion. Do you live in the
woods, when was the last time you met another human, have you ever?

You really are a Crackhead!
We _all_ live in the forest and never see other humans.
[except when it catches fire]

And anyway people like you just need a kick up the arse.

Let us know when you start, tough guy!

Cheerio

?

Ah, go have a wank ya radge.

"Certainly, I receive my share of strange libels and threats. Yet it
is essential that thug-like strategies not be allowed to silence valid
research and dissenting opinion."

Wendy McElroy -

Old April 19th, 2004, 06:37 AM
KrakAttiK

wrote:

"pearl" wrote in message
Harp seals and Cod
Questions and Answers

Oh spare us your bull****. Five millions seals don't have an effect on fish
stocks? What do you think they eat, seaweed?
A full grown seal can swallow 30 pounds of fish every day. How much fish do
you think 150 MILLION pounds a day is?

Shame your simple mind doesn't connect over fishing with the decline.
Then you are clearly a buttwipe so go figure.

See what happens?
You loutish Europeans sucked up all our cod with your factory ships.
Nothing but seal left to eat now.

Nothing to do with eating seal, it's about beating the crap out of
them.

Anyway it's the frogs and spanish who are sucking the oceans dry, we
just stand by and let them do it!

Oh, but the fish aren't cute, and don't have big brown eyes, and aren' furry
and cuuuuuuutte.

I don't know I think they are.

I like to suck trout brains out through the eye socket, I think that's
cute.

Not very hard though. Now if you tried it on me that would be another
story.

Bloody phony British animal lovers. You've hunted every single animal
bigger than a badger to extermination and now *you're* trying to lecture
*us* on taking care of animals?

Because you're too stupid to understand compassion. Do you live in the
woods, when was the last time you met another human, have you ever?

You really are a Crackhead!

They were simple questions. Do you have a gun?

We _all_ live in the forest and never see other humans.
[except when it catches fire]

No actually. I live in the city of London, M'am comes to tea every
week.

And anyway people like you just need a kick up the arse.

Let us know when you start, tough guy!

Like today? go on I'll even pretend to be a defenseless cub seal, come
and try to club me....oik, oik.

Cheerio

?

Ah, go have a wank ya radge.

Ouch you beast.

Cheerio

Old April 19th, 2004, 08:28 AM
KrakAttiK

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 03:17:59 -0500, "Jeff T"
wrote:

I got something to say to you ignorant, arrogant Brits,

Shut it or we'll take our continent back.

and others about the
seal hunt. Clean up your own back yards before complaining about ours! How
many fox hunts happen each year, eh? Oh, let me guess, it is considered
"humane" to hunt down a fox with 20 baying dogs and then kill it for the
fur. During the seal hunt, damn near every part of the animal is used... And
further, man is the ONLY natural prediator these creatures have, as the
others have been hunted to near extinction decades ago.

What on earth gives you the impression we support fox hunting? in fact
the perverts who enjoy fox hunting would also enjoy beating the brains
out of a seal pup.

Don't worry though, we'll soon have fox hunting banned in England, it
already is in Scot land. lol

So I say, take your pompous ass up out of here. When the fox hunt, and other
regional hunts in other countries has been put to a stop, then, and only
then would I not think of you as a bunch of bitchy little hypocrites worthy
of nthing more then the toilet paper I wipe my ass with.

I doubt you wipe it anyhow.

Cheerio