The politics of nature

Old December 30th, 2003, 01:31 PM
Scott Seidman

Default The politics of nature

"David Snedeker" wrote in news:bsqpob$lg8$0@
216.39.143.18:

The
US intell knows where he is in Pakistan,

Yup. Area 51 East.

Scott
Old December 30th, 2003, 01:38 PM
Ken Fortenberry

David Snedeker wrote:
... Saddam
has been "found." ...

The story going around is that the Kurd militia captured Saddam
then stuck him in a hole for three weeks while they tried to
negotiate the $25 mil reward. Meanwhile, US Intel acting on info
from the captors, tortured a bit player until he gave up Saddam's
location.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old December 30th, 2003, 02:07 PM
Scott Seidman

Ken Fortenberry wrote in
y.com:

David Snedeker wrote:
... Saddam
has been "found." ...

The story going around is that the Kurd militia captured Saddam
then stuck him in a hole for three weeks while they tried to
negotiate the $25 mil reward. Meanwhile, US Intel acting on info
from the captors, tortured a bit player until he gave up Saddam's
location.

How come the captors didn't take the wad of US cash they found at Saddam's
capture by US forces?? Or was that planted?

Scott
Old December 30th, 2003, 02:09 PM
Dave LaCourse

Dave T. writes:

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 18:45:21 -0500, "Guyz-N-Flyz"
wrote:
[snip]
If I have to reiterate the Pirates words, I think I will just puke.

Yeah, well, if I did that I'd puke too...

Give me a ****in' break, Ralph Nader and his supporters had/have a

legitimate right
to be heard. The votes cast for Nader in no way helped nor hurt Dubya.

Do the math:

Shrublett "won" Florida by less than a thousand "votes".
Nader took around 30000 votes in Florida.

There are 30000 voters in Florida that we can all blame for the result.

/daytripper (*I* sure as hell didn't vote for the First Nitwit...)

From your reaction to the capture of Saddam, we should probably set up a
suicide watch at your home when they capture Osama. Too phunny.

Dave

http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

Old December 30th, 2003, 03:10 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Scott Seidman wrote:

Ken Fortenberry wrote in
y.com:

David Snedeker wrote:

... Saddam
has been "found." ...

The story going around is that the Kurd militia captured Saddam
then stuck him in a hole for three weeks while they tried to
negotiate the $25 mil reward. Meanwhile, US Intel acting on info
from the captors, tortured a bit player until he gave up Saddam's
location.

How come the captors didn't take the wad of US cash they found at Saddam's
capture by US forces?? Or was that planted?

Maybe they left in a big hurry ? Rumsfeld indicated that the $750,000
cash consisted of traceable, consecutively numbered US currency. I
wonder when we'll ever find out where that cash came from ?

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old December 30th, 2003, 03:30 PM
slenon

The story going around is that the Kurd militia captured Saddam
then stuck him in a hole for three weeks while they tried to
negotiate the $25 mil reward. Meanwhile, US Intel acting on info
from the captors, tortured a bit player until he gave up Saddam's location.
Ken Fortenberry

And other than your prominent dislike of the President and administration we
both voted against, what reason do you have to believe such a story to be
any more reliable than the story the Army released?

I doubt the Kurds would have kept Hussein's capture quiet or left him in
such good physical shape. He is not well liked by Kurds and vengeance often
takes precedence over greed in such situations.

--
Stev Lenon 91B20 '68-'69
Drowning flies to Darkstar

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/stevglo/i...age92kword.htm

Old December 30th, 2003, 03:31 PM
Scott Seidman

Ken Fortenberry wrote in
y.com:

Scott Seidman wrote:

Ken Fortenberry wrote in
y.com:

David Snedeker wrote:

... Saddam
has been "found." ...

The story going around is that the Kurd militia captured Saddam
then stuck him in a hole for three weeks while they tried to
negotiate the $25 mil reward. Meanwhile, US Intel acting on info
from the captors, tortured a bit player until he gave up Saddam's
location.

How come the captors didn't take the wad of US cash they found at
Saddam's capture by US forces?? Or was that planted?

Maybe they left in a big hurry ? Rumsfeld indicated that the $750,000
cash consisted of traceable, consecutively numbered US currency. I
wonder when we'll ever find out where that cash came from ?

I find it hard to believe that $750K in cold currency would lie around for
three weeks when it could buy a ton of assets that insurgents would find
valuable. If you want to stick with your "Saddam was kept on ice for three
weeks" conspiracy theory, you should probably go with "the money was
planted" for consistency.

Scott
Old December 30th, 2003, 03:56 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Scott Seidman wrote:

... If you want to stick with your "Saddam was kept on ice for three
weeks" conspiracy theory, you should probably go with "the money was
planted" for consistency.

It's not MY theory. It was put forth by Debka.

Debka, if you're not familiar with it, is an Israeli publication.
On a left to right scale Debka would be WAY off the scale to the
right. But they do have a way of reporting things that the mainstream
press misses. There was an article about them in _Wired_ a while back.

http://www.wired.com/news/conflict/0,2100,47325,00.html

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old December 30th, 2003, 04:14 PM
Dave LaCourse

Ken Fortenberry writes:

The story going around is that the Kurd militia captured Saddam
then stuck him in a hole for three weeks while they tried to
negotiate the $25 mil reward. Meanwhile, US Intel acting on info
from the captors, tortured a bit player until he gave up Saddam's
location.

Hogwash. If you've ever been in the military, or even around it for awhile,
you would know that such a cover-up is just about impossible. Troops like to
talk. They love to tell mom and dad and sweetheart Rosie about their
adventures.

"Ok, guys, this is how it's gonna go down: The Kurds will stuff old Saddam in
a hole with $750K, and we'll find him and get all the glory." Bull****! But
phunny and entertainin!

Old December 30th, 2003, 06:57 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Dave LaCourse wrote:
Ken Fortenberry writes:

The story going around ...

Hogwash. ...

If you want to call it hogwash AFTER you read it, fine, but
at least read it first. Debka has an agenda and they make no
bones about it, but I find a lot of their stuff at least as
credible as the outrageous lies spewed forth by the US military.

http://www.debka.com/article.php?aid=743

--
Ken Fortenberry