Who Says Bananas Are Bad Luck? Nov 12 CR Report

Old November 13th, 2011, 03:37 AM
John Schuchert John Schuchert is offline
Junior Member

Location: Quepos Costa Rica
Send a message via Skype™ to John Schuchert
Talking Who Says Bananas Are Bad Luck? Nov 12 CR Report

Nov 12
http://www.queposfishadventure.com/banana.jpg
Ok, before I explain the picture of the 350 pound 120 inch Black Marlin with a banana in his mouth (which was caught by us today), I'll have to take you back a few weeks. I decided I was going to start eating better. That meant lots of berries, fruit, veggies and juice. So I started bringing different healthy foods on the boat, in my lunchbox. One of those good wholesome foods was a banana. You know, potassium, helps to keep the cramps away, etc. Well, i quickly learned from a customer that you can't catch fish with a banana in the boat. Now, I have no doubt that bananas are a very, very evil thing while fishing in other parts of the world, but here in Costa Rica, I have the insider's knowledge that big, Costa Rican, fish don't like cramps either. Well, as it went, today I had my banana for lunch, in my lunchbox, and the mate started complaining that we could never catch a fish with it aboard. Granted it was only noon, and we already had a pair of sailfish released, he just kept going about bad luck, no bananas etc. ??? Knowing what I know about Costa Rica Marlin, and other big Costa Rican fish, I decided to just dispell the rumors once and for all, and I went ahead and put a really big hook in the banana, attached it to the 50 wide, and threw it out in the spread. Literally five minutes later, we were hooked up with the big one in the photo... So next time you're out and the fishing is slow, remember two things, eating bananas is great for keeping away the cramps, and bananas are best trolled from the shotgun, way back away from the boat. Oh yeah, and they swim better frozen!

Went inshore yesterday, and using regular fishing tackle released 4 Rooterfish, a jack and a Mackeral. Here are some other pictures from this month:
http://www.queposfishadventure.com/nov2011a.jpg
http://www.queposfishadventure.com/nov2011b.jpg
http://www.queposfishadventure.com/nov2011c.jpg
Skipper John Schuchert