pbs-the nat'l parks

Old October 1st, 2009, 03:33 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

Default pbs-the nat'l parks

anyone else watching this? episode 3 had a segment on early 20th
century park travelers and "collectors"...the gehrkes!

jeff
Old October 1st, 2009, 04:19 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

On 30-Sep-2009, jeff wrote:

anyone else watching this? episode 3 had a segment on early 20th
century park travelers and "collectors"...the gehrkes!

jeff

Speaking about nuts .... and goats er... I mean ah...
I think that from what I have gleaned fron this ng
I am glad he checked out befo' I checked in

Fred
Old October 1st, 2009, 04:22 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 22:33:57 -0400, jeff wrote:

anyone else watching this? episode 3 had a segment on early 20th
century park travelers and "collectors"...the gehrkes!

jeff

Is it narrated by Brian Keith...?

HTH,
Old October 1st, 2009, 04:24 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Thu, 1 Oct 2009 03:19:21 GMT, "Fred" wrote:

On 30-Sep-2009, jeff wrote:

anyone else watching this? episode 3 had a segment on early 20th
century park travelers and "collectors"...the gehrkes!

jeff

Speaking about nuts .... and goats er... I mean ah...
I think that from what I have gleaned fron this ng
I am glad he checked out befo' I checked in

Oh, Freddy my lad, you and his Georgeship would have made a pair...maybe even a
flush...

HTH,
Old October 1st, 2009, 05:07 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Jack

On Sep 30, 9:33*pm, jeff wrote:
anyone else watching this? *episode 3 had a segment on early 20th
century park travelers and "collectors"...the gehrkes!

jeff

This PBS Gerhke was Edward not George, he of the ******* split cane
fly rod, Gink, and Xink fame and notorious for years on this group.
Edward was born in Wisconsin in 1906. George was born in 1933.
Old October 2nd, 2009, 01:56 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

Jack wrote:
On Sep 30, 9:33 pm, jeff wrote:
anyone else watching this? episode 3 had a segment on early 20th
century park travelers and "collectors"...the gehrkes!

jeff

This PBS Gerhke was Edward not George, he of the ******* split cane
fly rod, Gink, and Xink fame and notorious for years on this group.
Edward was born in Wisconsin in 1906. George was born in 1933.

knew they weren't the same...didn't know whether they might be related.

jeff
Old October 2nd, 2009, 01:48 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Thu, 1 Oct 2009 09:07:00 -0700 (PDT), Jack wrote:

On Sep 30, 9:33*pm, jeff wrote:
anyone else watching this? *episode 3 had a segment on early 20th
century park travelers and "collectors"...the gehrkes!

jeff

This PBS Gerhke was Edward not George, he of the ******* split cane
fly rod, Gink, and Xink fame and notorious for years on this group.
Edward was born in Wisconsin in 1906. George was born in 1933.

Did Edward, by any chance, single-handedly take out the Kaiser and the boche
over the Danube, nearly naked and alone, with nothing but his trusty
Sopwith-CamelFokker, a blazing Tommy gun, and his sidekick best pal, Tom Mix...?

TC,
Old October 2nd, 2009, 06:38 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

On 30-Sep-2009, jeff wrote:

anyone else watching this? episode 3 had a segment on early 20th
century park travelers and "collectors"...the gehrkes!

jeff

I saw the episode on Glacier.
Great footoage of some of our nearby inns lodges and chalets.
There is a some talk on my music groups re the soundtrack which must be
stunning with atrists like Jay Unger and Molly Mason, Peter Ostroushko etc.

Ken Burns commissions and uses his musicians well.
Some of his soundtracks have blown me away

For sale @
http://www.shoppbs.org/product/index...p=3710203&sr=1

Fred