Hat info

Old January 7th, 2010, 09:53 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Jack

Default Hat info

Several years ago someone on this group posted a recommendation about
a fishing hat called: " The Ultimate Fishing Hat" followed by the
maker's name. My hat, unfortunately, now resides in a lake in Ontario.
I have searched Google but can find no reference to this hat. If
anyone here was around several years ago, maybe you can help me.

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Jack
Old January 7th, 2010, 10:38 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2008

On Jan 7, 3:53*pm, Jack wrote:
Several years ago someone on this group posted a recommendation about
a fishing hat called: " The Ultimate Fishing Hat" followed by the
maker's name. My hat, unfortunately, now resides in a lake in Ontario.
I have searched Google but can find no reference to this hat. If
anyone here was around several years ago, maybe you can help me.

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Jack

Tilley. They even have foam in the top so they can float. Broad
brim, straps designed to stay on in a 60 kt wind and a lifetime
warranty.
Frank Reid
(if I can't trash 'em, no one can)
Old January 7th, 2010, 10:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2008

On Jan 7, 3:53*pm, Jack wrote:
Several years ago someone on this group posted a recommendation about
a fishing hat called: " The Ultimate Fishing Hat" followed by the
maker's name. My hat, unfortunately, now resides in a lake in Ontario.
I have searched Google but can find no reference to this hat. If
anyone here was around several years ago, maybe you can help me.

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Jack

All Tilley Hats:

*Provide maximum sun protection - rated at UPF 50+
*Float - a foam liner in the crown adds buoyancy
*Tie-on - tuckaway wind cords keep the Hat on
*Repel rain - the brim channels water away
*Won't shrink - machine or hand washable
*HYDROFIL® Anti-Sweat band - picks up sweat from your forehead and
wicks it away
*Have a secret pocket for stowing cash or keys
*Come in 13 sizes - there's no one we can't fit
*Come with a 4 page owners manual
*Are insured against loss or grievous damage
*Are guaranteed for life! - free Tilley hat replacement if it wears
out
http://www.tilley.com/

Frank Reid
(and standard disclaimer, don't own stock, no kick backs... yadida,
yadida)
Old January 7th, 2010, 11:13 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Jack

On Jan 7, 4:38*pm, Frank Reid © 2008 wrote:
On Jan 7, 3:53*pm, Jack wrote:

Several years ago someone on this group posted a recommendation about
a fishing hat called: " The Ultimate Fishing Hat" followed by the
maker's name. My hat, unfortunately, now resides in a lake in Ontario.
I have searched Google but can find no reference to this hat. If
anyone here was around several years ago, maybe you can help me.

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Jack

Tilley. *They even have foam in the top so they can float. *Broad
brim, straps designed to stay on in a 60 kt wind and a lifetime
warranty.
Frank Reid
(if I can't trash 'em, no one can)

Thanks Mr. Reid. It is about as cold in TN. as in Nebr. I'm just
getting the tackle ready for spring.

Jack
Old January 7th, 2010, 11:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2008

Thanks Mr. Reid. It is about as cold in TN. as in Nebr. I'm just
getting the tackle ready for spring.

Its Frank and right now its 2 degrees with a windchill of -23. We are
snowed in, now plows to be seen and we have 300 hundred yards of 2-4
foot drifts before we can get out. Oh, tonight it gets really cold,
down to -14 with 40 below windchill.
TN sounds good right about now.
Frank Reid
Old January 8th, 2010, 12:31 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Larry L[_2_]

On Jan 7, 2:38*pm, Frank Reid © 2008 wrote:

(if I can't trash 'em, no one can)

I agree about the Tilley hats Love mine. I have two ( one too
many, but I got the second, mesh, one for the hottest weather ) which
is about 6 lifetimes worth. They ARE tough ... wash em often like
they tell you to.

A NOTE ... read their sizing suggestions ... you want it bigger and
looser than you might think .. it should NOT 'grip' your head just
rest on it, use the chin strap in a wind

Old January 8th, 2010, 02:29 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
David LaCourse

On 2010-01-07 17:38:34 -0500, Frank Reid � 2008 said:

On Jan 7, 3:53Â*pm, Jack wrote:
Several years ago someone on this group posted a recommendation about
a fishing hat called: " The Ultimate Fishing Hat" followed by the
maker's name. My hat, unfortunately, now resides in a lake in Ontario.
I have searched Google but can find no reference to this hat. If
anyone here was around several years ago, maybe you can help me.

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Jack

Tilley. They even have foam in the top so they can float. Broad
brim, straps designed to stay on in a 60 kt wind and a lifetime
warranty.
Frank Reid
(if I can't trash 'em, no one can)

And it makes a wonderful birthday gift.

Old January 8th, 2010, 03:23 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Fred

On 7-Jan-2010, Jack wrote:

Several years ago someone on this group posted a recommendation about
a fishing hat called: " The Ultimate Fishing Hat" followed by the
maker's name. My hat, unfortunately, now resides in a lake in Ontario.
I have searched Google but can find no reference to this hat. If
anyone here was around several years ago, maybe you can help me.

Thanks and Happy New Year.

If this helps
Tilley Hats are or were made and I believe headquarters is in Toronto
Ontario

Fred
Old January 9th, 2010, 01:52 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Daniel-San[_3_]

On Jan 7, 3:53*pm, Jack wrote:
Several years ago someone on this group posted a recommendation about
a fishing hat called: " The Ultimate Fishing Hat" followed by the
maker's name. My hat, unfortunately, now resides in a lake in Ontario.
I have searched Google but can find no reference to this hat. If
anyone here was around several years ago, maybe you can help me.

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Jack

+1 for the Tilley. I have the model with the 2 or so inches of mesh at
the top. I think they call it the LTM6. Great hat.

-Dan
Old January 10th, 2010, 02:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Bill Grey[_2_]

On 2010-01-07 17:38:34 -0500, Frank Reid ? 2008
said:

On Jan 7, 3:53 pm, Jack wrote:
Several years ago someone on this group posted a recommendation about
a fishing hat called: " The Ultimate Fishing Hat" followed by the
maker's name. My hat, unfortunately, now resides in a lake in Ontario.
I have searched Google but can find no reference to this hat. If
anyone here was around several years ago, maybe you can help me.

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Jack

Tilley. They even have foam in the top so they can float. Broad
brim, straps designed to stay on in a 60 kt wind and a lifetime
warranty.
Frank Reid
(if I can't trash 'em, no one can)

And it makes a wonderful birthday gift.