Before you buy any Tracker product

Old February 8th, 2004, 12:30 PM
Track This

Default Before you buy any Tracker product

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/trackthis/

Old February 8th, 2004, 06:09 PM
Charles Summers

Some of us here are very happy with their Tracker products and I'm sorry
you've had a bad experience.

I was looking over the top ten rated lemons in the auto industry the other
day and wasn't surprised that there were several Ford products listed there,
many of which I had owned one time or another. Some of them I had problems
with, some I didn't. But, I still drive a Ford today because overall, I'm
happy with their product.

Never let one bad apple spoil the lot... so they say.

--
Charles B. Summers
Secret Weapon Lures

"Track This" wrote in message
.254...
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/trackthis/

Old February 8th, 2004, 09:05 PM
Track This

I could see one bad apple ...but two? .. 2 bad boats

"Charles Summers" wrote in
:

Some of us here are very happy with their Tracker products and I'm
sorry you've had a bad experience.

I was looking over the top ten rated lemons in the auto industry the
other day and wasn't surprised that there were several Ford products
listed there, many of which I had owned one time or another. Some of
them I had problems with, some I didn't. But, I still drive a Ford
today because overall, I'm happy with their product.

Never let one bad apple spoil the lot... so they say.

--
Charles B. Summers
Secret Weapon Lures
http://www.secretweaponlures.com

"Track This" wrote in message
.254...
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/trackthis/

Old February 8th, 2004, 09:32 PM
Charles Summers

How about the Pinto, Edsel, and the Bronco II? Yup... there were plenty of
bad ones in the bunch.

--
Charles B. Summers
Secret Weapon Lures
http://www.secretweaponlures.com

"Track This" wrote in message
.254...
I could see one bad apple ...but two? .. 2 bad boats

"Charles Summers" wrote in
:

Some of us here are very happy with their Tracker products and I'm
sorry you've had a bad experience.

I was looking over the top ten rated lemons in the auto industry the
other day and wasn't surprised that there were several Ford products
listed there, many of which I had owned one time or another. Some of
them I had problems with, some I didn't. But, I still drive a Ford
today because overall, I'm happy with their product.

Never let one bad apple spoil the lot... so they say.

--
Charles B. Summers
Secret Weapon Lures
http://www.secretweaponlures.com

"Track This" wrote in message
.254...
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/trackthis/

Old February 8th, 2004, 10:00 PM
Sean Barton

Hey now, each manufacturer has it's share of less than desirable vehicles.
It's those one's that get the majority of the press, not the quality
vehicles lines each of the maker's put out.
That being said, knock it off Charles!!!!!!! ; )

"Charles Summers" wrote in message
How about the Pinto, Edsel, and the Bronco II? Yup... there were plenty of
bad ones in the bunch.

--
Charles B. Summers
Secret Weapon Lures
http://www.secretweaponlures.com

"Track This" wrote in message
.254...
I could see one bad apple ...but two? .. 2 bad boats

"Charles Summers" wrote in
:

Some of us here are very happy with their Tracker products and I'm
sorry you've had a bad experience.

I was looking over the top ten rated lemons in the auto industry the
other day and wasn't surprised that there were several Ford products
listed there, many of which I had owned one time or another. Some of
them I had problems with, some I didn't. But, I still drive a Ford
today because overall, I'm happy with their product.

Never let one bad apple spoil the lot... so they say.

--
Charles B. Summers
Secret Weapon Lures
http://www.secretweaponlures.com

"Track This" wrote in message
.254...
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/trackthis/

Old February 8th, 2004, 10:05 PM
Charles Summers

My point is... I'm still driving Fords. Just like I still have my Nitro.

Just gotta take care of anything you have if you want it to last.

--

"Sean Barton" wrote in message
Hey now, each manufacturer has it's share of less than desirable vehicles.
It's those one's that get the majority of the press, not the quality
vehicles lines each of the maker's put out.
That being said, knock it off Charles!!!!!!! ; )

"Charles Summers" wrote in message
How about the Pinto, Edsel, and the Bronco II? Yup... there were plenty

of
bad ones in the bunch.

--
Charles B. Summers
Secret Weapon Lures
http://www.secretweaponlures.com

"Track This" wrote in message
.254...
I could see one bad apple ...but two? .. 2 bad boats

"Charles Summers" wrote in
:

Some of us here are very happy with their Tracker products and I'm
sorry you've had a bad experience.

I was looking over the top ten rated lemons in the auto industry the
other day and wasn't surprised that there were several Ford products
listed there, many of which I had owned one time or another. Some of
them I had problems with, some I didn't. But, I still drive a Ford
today because overall, I'm happy with their product.

Never let one bad apple spoil the lot... so they say.

--
Charles B. Summers
Secret Weapon Lures
http://www.secretweaponlures.com

"Track This" wrote in message
.254...
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/trackthis/

Old February 9th, 2004, 01:22 AM
Track This

Yor miss my point ..how come I ended up with two lemon? ... well three
if you count the dealer!

[...]

"Track This" wrote in message
.254...
I could see one bad apple ...but two? .. 2 bad boats

"Charles Summers" wrote in
:

Some of us here are very happy with their Tracker products and
I'm sorry you've had a bad experience.

I was looking over the top ten rated lemons in the auto
industry the other day and wasn't surprised that there were
several Ford products listed there, many of which I had owned
one time or another. Some of them I had problems with, some I
didn't. But, I still drive a Ford today because overall, I'm
happy with their product.

Never let one bad apple spoil the lot... so they say.

--
Charles B. Summers
Secret Weapon Lures
http://www.secretweaponlures.com

"Track This" wrote in message
.254...
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/trackthis/

Old February 9th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Track This" wrote in message
.254...
Yor miss my point ..how come I ended up with two lemon? ... well three
if you count the dealer!

Lack of research? I don't mean to start a flame war, but on average,
Tracker Marine has had more than their fair share of complaints. I've found
that many Tracker owners, especially those that are buying the aluminum
boats, are buying on price alone.

Just like most things in life, you get what you pay for.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old February 9th, 2004, 04:29 PM
Charles B. Summers

Now Steve... we all can't afford a 22' torpedo, so we have to start at the
entry level. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with their aluminum
line, especially since they went to an all welded hull.

Proper maintenance is the key to keeping any boat in good running condition.
Take care of your Tracker and it'll last a lifetime. They have a ten year
warrenty *I think*... at least my Nitro does.

Price, on the other hand, is not really the issue either. Remember Packard
Bell computers? They were priced so that the new users could afford them. In
turn, they also got a bad rep from new users buying them because it's what
they could afford, but not knowing how to properly use them. They'd screw
them up... then complain to the company about building a crappy computer,
when actually they were actually decent computers. I know, cause I had one
that lasted well past it's intended life cycle.

Same thing will apply to boats. Just because you buy one... doesn't mean
that you'll automatically know how to use and maintain it properly.

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

.254...

Old February 9th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Charles B. Summers" (Comcast) wrote in
message ...
Now Steve... we all can't afford a 22' torpedo, so we have to start at the
entry level. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with their aluminum
line, especially since they went to an all welded hull.

***I guess that didn't come out like I intended it to. No, I realize that
not everyone can afford a top of the line boat. But, like I said, the
people that I know, that bought a Tracker bought it strictly on PRICE, then
were amazed when it started coming apart at the seams, or things started
falling off. There's a reason why items are priced as they are, if you buy
cheap, you get cheap.. The lowest price isn't always the best value, for
ANYTHING, just as paying big bucks doesn't always equate with top quality!

Entry level doesn't always have to be cheap or low quality. The thing that
the original poster could have done is some basic research on Tracker boats,
as well as other boats for similar costs. He could have investigated buying
a used boat of higher quality. Over the years, I've seen many complaints
about the Tracker riveted hull aluminum boats, on many different websites.
I'm sure that a couple hours spent surfing could have found some "spirited"
discussion.

Proper maintenance is the key to keeping any boat in good running

condition.
Take care of your Tracker and it'll last a lifetime. They have a ten year
warrenty *I think*... at least my Nitro does.

***I agree, without proper maintenance, no boat is going to be in good
running conditions. But I personally know two people here in Rhinelander
that used to own riveted hull Trackers. Both of them are fastidious in
maintenance and care. Both of them had problems similar to each other,
rivets coming loose, falling out, cracks in hatch lids, mis-aligned parts,
pieces falling off, hooked up wrong, shoddy workmanship, poor dealer
support, and grief. I'm sure that there are many satisfied Tracker owners
out there, probably as many or more than disgruntled owners, but there seems
to be a definite trend. You bought a Nitro, totally different boat. The
quality is better, but then again, you paid considerably more for that boat
than an aluminum hull.

Price, on the other hand, is not really the issue either. Remember Packard
Bell computers? They were priced so that the new users could afford them.

In
turn, they also got a bad rep from new users buying them because it's what
they could afford, but not knowing how to properly use them. They'd screw
them up... then complain to the company about building a crappy computer,
when actually they were actually decent computers. I know, cause I had one
that lasted well past it's intended life cycle.

***Agreed, new users aren't necessarily the best spokespeople for an item.
You had good service from a Packard Bell computer, I on the other hand, did
not. I had a system board fail, the hard drive constantly was developing
bad tracks, the video board crapped twice and it was slow. After the
warranty expired, so did my time as a Packard Bell user. I now pay more for
a computer, but I've done research, finding out what offered good value for
the dollar and I'm happy. The same thing applies to boats, cars, trucks, or
any major purchase. If you don't do your homework and buy strictly on
price, you'll end up paying more in the long run, because you have to
replace the item more often, or you'll have constant frustration.

Same thing will apply to boats. Just because you buy one... doesn't mean
that you'll automatically know how to use and maintain it properly.

***Believe me, this I know, agree with you on and always will.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods