Lower Yuba Rive report -Thursday, Nor Cal, USA

Old April 9th, 2004, 06:52 PM
Bill Kiene

Default Lower Yuba Rive report -Thursday, Nor Cal, USA

Just east of Marysville, CA, Bob Giannoni and I floated the Lower Yuba River
from the Hwy 20 bridge down stream to the Daguerre Dam with local fly
fishing drift boat guide Keith Kaneko (209/401-6370). Keith has been guiding
on the Yuba a lot lately because it is fishing well. It is running ~2000cfs
which he says is perfect for drifting. In the early morning we drifted with
the indicator/shot/dual nymph system which is very effective.

At about 10am Keith switched us to dry flies as there has been a good #14
March Brown hatch every day lately. While wading we landed some 12" to 16"
wild Raimbows on dries which was a real treat. Later we drifted some more
with the deep nymphing setup and Bob hooked a couple of very large hot
Rainbows or Steelhead that he was not able to get to the boat.

That is the way to fish that river if you can afford to hire a good guide.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA, USA

Web site: www.kiene.com

Old April 10th, 2004, 07:04 PM
Particle Salad

Thanks for the report... unfortunately, I can't afford a good guide! I'm
looking forward to fishing the Yuba, I usually do so every year.

Now available: new Particle Salad CD "The Track Inside."

See http://www.particlesalad.com for more info.

. com...