Tracker Question

Old December 31st, 2003, 03:58 AM
DAVID MC CARVER

Default Tracker Question

I am planning to buy an aluminum boat and have heard that Tracker has had
problems with cracks in the aluminum, then problems with welders trying to
weld them. Do any of you know anything about this?
Thanks, Dave

Old December 31st, 2003, 07:33 AM
David H. Lipman

Aluminum is a bitch and a half to weld. I learned this with a Delhi !

Get a Lowe. I have a SeaNymph 1467 and it is built ruggedly.

Dave

Old December 31st, 2003, 03:54 PM
Rodney

David H. Lipman wrote:

Aluminum is a bitch and a half to weld.

Only if you don't have the proper equipment, or skill :-)

"DAVID MC CARVER" wrote in message
| I am planning to buy an aluminum boat and have heard that Tracker has had
| problems with cracks in the aluminum, then problems with welders trying to
| weld them. Do any of you know anything about this?
| Thanks, Dave

I have a Tracker,, it has not cracked, but a friend of mine has his
cracked, at the transom

His boat is quite old (so is mine) perhaps they have fixed the problem
in new boats

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Boomerang Fishing Pro. , Straight Up Hooks ,