The midges.

Old May 3rd, 2004, 06:55 PM
Svend Tang-Petersen

Default The midges.

(Didnt see this show up here, so Im resending).

I did the sorting last night and dropped off your packages at the
postoffice on my way in this morning. So start looking for them in the
mail in a few days.

Thank you for participating and for your patience.

I didnt take to time to look at the flies yet, so that will have to
happen tonight.

There are a few left over. Im planning to mail them to that
schoolteacher if someone can send me his address.
Old May 4th, 2004, 01:31 AM
Willi and Sue

bruiser wrote:
Thanks Svend, good job!

(Hope you're "healed")

We ain't got 'em yet!
(No offense Svend, but you were in the last midge swap too)

Willi

Old May 4th, 2004, 01:32 AM
bruiser

Thanks Svend, good job!

bruce h

Old May 4th, 2004, 02:39 AM
Danl

"bruiser" wrote in message
It was good to fly with an empty stomach!

Tonight I am feeling better, finally. Blew some serious chunks down

there.

bruce h

OK....WTF, over......you and Willi and rw and Charlie have all posted since
you guys got home from your Keys Klave, so where's the durn damn trip
reports?

Danl

Old May 4th, 2004, 02:52 AM
bruiser

Old May 4th, 2004, 03:17 AM
Svend Tang-Petersen

Willi and Sue wrote:

bruiser wrote:
Thanks Svend, good job!

(Hope you're "healed")

We ain't got 'em yet!
(No offense Svend, but you were in the last midge swap too)

I sure was, but at least this time I know that I can blame the postal
service if anything happens. It might not help you, but Ill be able to
sleep at night.

Willi

Old May 4th, 2004, 04:59 AM
bruiser

"Danl" wrote in message
you guys got home from your Keys Klave, so where's the durn damn trip
reports?

Here's the short report (and you'll probably figure out why we haven't
posted TRs):

We got smoked.

And the slightly longer version:

We kayaked and waded all over the Keys. RW and I spent one day with the
guide we all met at Rock Crick. All of us together caught fewer fish than I
expected any one of us to catch in one day, and we didn't give up for 6
days. Well, since I was sick I puked most of the last day and only fished a
little.

We do know our way around the Keys a little though and we know where there
are beautiful hard bottom flats that you can wade in several places,
including a couple of really cool, more primitive looking flats that are
away from the highway a little. We paddled and waded to some really cool
places and saw some great stuff - turtles, rays, birds, sharks, baitfish,
etc. And I had a blast hanging out with RW, Willi, and Charlie Choc as
usual.

The fishing was really tough though and I need a lot more practice spotting
bonefish and the other spooky critters out there. And my pinpoint accuracy
at 65 feet in the wind leaves a bit to be desired also.

bruce h

Old May 4th, 2004, 05:07 AM
rw

bruiser wrote:
"Danl" wrote in message

you guys got home from your Keys Klave, so where's the durn damn trip
reports?

Here's the short report (and you'll probably figure out why we haven't
posted TRs):

We got smoked.

Bruce is too modest to mention that he was the only one to catch
bonefish -- two, in fact. One of them was a trophy fish of about 10 pounds.

Old May 4th, 2004, 09:09 AM
Charlie Choc

On Tue, 04 May 2004 04:07:19 GMT, rw
wrote:

Bruce is too modest to mention that he was the only one to catch
bonefish -- two, in fact. One of them was a trophy fish of about 10 pounds.

I put a picture of that one on abpf a couple of days ago.
--
Charlie...
Old May 4th, 2004, 09:55 AM
Charlie Choc

On Mon, 3 May 2004 20:59:32 -0700, "bruiser"
wrote:

We do know our way around the Keys a little though

It was interesting going to some places in the Keys I hadn't been to
before. Most of them were pretty cool, but I think I'll go back to
camping where I normally do rather than the Tiki Bar parking lot I was
in this time. g
--
Charlie...