A few big bass or a lot of small ones?

Old October 8th, 2003, 12:30 AM
John Kerr

Default A few big bass or a lot of small ones?

Aside from tournament fishing, which would you rather do...catch a ton
of smaller bass (1 to 3 lbs.), or catch just a couple big bass (10 to 15
lbs.)?
This is considering that the time on the water is the same to accompish
either one.

Old October 8th, 2003, 12:52 AM
RGarri7470

which would you rather do...catch a ton
of smaller bass (1 to 3 lbs.), or catch just a couple big bass (10 to 15
lbs.)?

Yes.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
Old October 8th, 2003, 01:15 AM
RichZ

John wrote:
Aside from tournament fishing, which would you rather do...catch a ton
of smaller bass (1 to 3 lbs.), or catch just a couple big bass (10 to 15
lbs.)?

If'n 10 to 15 pounders were more than a pipedream in my part of the world,
a couple of them would be the winners, hands down. But they ain't. So I'd
rather catch a bunch of "good" fish. Say 2.5 or 3 pounds or so up to 5 or
6, anyway. I always feel like unless there's a whole lot of 2-1/2 to 3
pound class fish, it takes at least one fish over 4 or 5 to make a day
really satisfying.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Old October 8th, 2003, 01:28 AM
Shawn

"John Kerr" wrote ...
Aside from tournament fishing, which would you rather do...catch a ton
of smaller bass (1 to 3 lbs.), or catch just a couple big bass (10 to 15
lbs.)?
This is considering that the time on the water is the same to accompish
either one.

I'd like to catch 'em all, but if I have to choose than I'll take the small
straight over a pair of Aces.

--
Early to Bed, Early to Rise,
Fish all Day, Make up Lies.

Shawn

Old October 8th, 2003, 01:58 AM
John Kerr

A few big bass or a lot of small ones?

Group: rec.outdoors.fishing.bass Date: Tue, Oct 7, 2003, 11:52pm (CDT+5)
From: (RGarri7470)
which would you rather do...catch a ton
of smaller bass (1 to 3 lbs.), or catch just a couple big bass (10 to 15
lbs.)?
=====
Yes.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com
=====
Now that's about as good an answer as one could expect g!
JK

Old October 8th, 2003, 02:06 AM
John Kerr

Default A few big bass or a lot of small ones?(oops)

Now I'm probably in trouble for not mentioning Georgia, Alabama, the
Carolinas, Miss., La., Arizona, Texas, maybe Tennessee, and even
Kentucky....any more that boast the "big" fish g.

Old October 8th, 2003, 03:14 AM
Chuck Coger

Can I split the day 50/50?

I revert to the words my son told me when he was 6 and we were out fishing.
He wanted to go home way early so I asked him didn't he enjoy fishing. He
said " I like hooking the fish and reeling them in, but all that other stuff
in between is boring". So yea most days I like to catch alot more than I
like to fish, so sign me up for a full day of small and medium fish over
anything else.

---
Chuck Coger
http://www.fishin-pro.com

Old October 8th, 2003, 03:17 AM
J Buck

Yes

Great answer! LoL

Old October 8th, 2003, 03:58 AM
J Buck

Tough question...it's almost an apples and oranges situation. It's great
fun to have a lot of action. Having said that, there is nothing quite
like hooking on to a big ol' rauncher.

I still like the first reply to the question. Yes. LoL